cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simkessy
Level: Powered On

Re: App will not close after Patch

Oh wow, that's really not good 😛 

Hopefully they fix it soon but where would someone keep track of that. Is there a PowerApps status page somewhere, is MS even aware of this, or do we just wait around until someone responds here and hope they're working on it? 

Highlighted
dscience29

No idea, looks like @RandyHayes notified the Admins here (thanks, Randy!), so hopefully they'll look into it soon.  

A couple of other things I tried:

I tried creating a Button that would perform the same actions as the OnSuccess option ( ResetForm(SharepointForm1); RequestHide() ), and it reset the form but didn't hide the app.  When I removed the RequestHide() option from the Button and replaced it with Exit(), the Exit function worked fine, but that function doesn't close the window or return you to the SP list like the RequestHide function does. 

I also tried setting the OnSuccess criteria to just RequestHide() and nothing happened.

So it seems that this issue is specific to the RequestHide() function.

Super User
Super User

@dscience29 

Yes, it is definitely the RequestHide() that is failing. 

@simkessy 

Yes, it would be nice to have such an update on these issues.  The support page is usually where we can go for status updates, but the only thing listed there is from May 13 Smiley Frustrated

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for reporting this everyone and I'm sorry about the issue. I will update the team 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

josnayo2

I have the same problem. My customized list form does not close when I click on Save. It saved the data but It stays open. 

okoelle

I also have that problem. Customized SharePoint form. After clicking save, form stays open and content gets replaced by 2nd item in the list. Original content is saved, though. It seems another click on save does not do anything: the 2nd item is not updated.

Switching to a standard SharePoint form now - but can't get rid of the content type showing up. Workaround for that seems to be only PowerApps....

ebaron

In my side, it's working when I edit an existing item. It's when I create an item that I've this issue.

josnayo2

Still not working. Any solution for saving the customized PowerApps form in SharePoint list?

PowerApps Staff chmoncayMSFT
PowerApps Staff

@simkessy wrote:

I'm trying to get the application to close after patching but it just stays open: 

If(SPForm.Mode = FormMode.New,
    Patch(
        ParentList,
        Defaults(ParentList),
        {
            Title: formTitle.Text, 
            child: ForAll(ChildSelector.SelectedItems,{       '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                Id: ID, 
                Value: Title 
                })
        }
    ); ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide(),
    Patch(
        ParentList, 
        SharePointIntegration.Selected, 
        {
            Title: formTitle.Text, 
            child: ForAll(ChildSelector.SelectedItems,{       '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                Id: ID, 
                Value: Title 
                })
        }
    ); ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide();
);
ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide()

Hi there, I've created a new list and customized a form using PowerApps.  Within my app, I've created a button which performs a patch similar to your example.  The code is working correctly and my app is closing.  Can you validate that this behaviour has rectified itself?

amolinese3
Level: Power Up

my custom form is now working correctly.  it closes after succesfull form submit.  thank you @chmoncayMSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,703)