cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

App works in editor / preview but not published?

I have an app that pulls data from an Azure SQL instance of two tables and one view. It is mostly just galleries that show differently filterd versions of the sql view based upon column values. I built it first using SharePoint list and then rebuilt it using SQL as backend to allow for further expansion. The app works fine in Play Preview mode from editor but doesn't work at all via Publish in web browser or on IOS app. The web version just doesn't show any data in gallery. The IOS version throws a bunch of errors. I have tried it logged in as myself (rather than shared to another user) to hopefully bypass any permissions issues. I have tried refreshing my SQL connections. I also tried disabling Explicit column selection, Improved app rendering and Use column display names. This didn't seem to make any difference. I imagine it is something about my SQL connection but can't figure out what. Here is screen capture of IOS.

IOS error.png

It looks like it might not be able to access the SQL view? Am I missing permissions somewhere for production use instead of development use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Re: App works in editor / preview but not published? - Bugs in Preview features!

I opened a case with support and they got back to me very quickly thankfully. As I mentioned I tried turning of Explicit column selection but they had me turn off that and Use non-blocking OnStart rule. I have to have both off, either one alone and the app still doesn't work. I am new to PowerApps is this of product breaking bugs in Preview features normal?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Re: App works in editor / preview but not published?

I took my connection to SQL View and auto generated an app. It is view only in the pre-made app. However this app works fine using the existing connection for me and shared with other users. This tells me I think that the SQL connection is fine, it must be some other mistake in my code. The problem is I can't make it fail in the editor?

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Re: App works in editor / preview but not published? - Bugs in Preview features!

I opened a case with support and they got back to me very quickly thankfully. As I mentioned I tried turning of Explicit column selection but they had me turn off that and Use non-blocking OnStart rule. I have to have both off, either one alone and the app still doesn't work. I am new to PowerApps is this of product breaking bugs in Preview features normal?

View solution in original post

seadude
Level 10

Having a similar issue: Unable to consistently ClearCollect a SQL View ON MOBILE DEVICE ONLY. Works fine in IDE Preview Mode and Browser Player on laptop. Super frustrating. Unfortunately, turning off Non-Blocking OnStart and Explicit Column Selection did NOT work for me. Any further suggestions you came accross?

Thanks

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

@seadude wrote:

Having a similar issue: Unable to consistently ClearCollect a SQL View ON MOBILE DEVICE ONLY. Works fine in IDE Preview Mode and Browser Player on laptop. Super frustrating. Unfortunately, turning off Non-Blocking OnStart and Explicit Column Selection did NOT work for me. Any further suggestions you came accross?

Thanks

Sorry I don't have any other advice. For me it mostly works now. I still have problems with buttons inside a gallery stop working occassionlay and require the app be closed and re-opend (within IOS app).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 328 members 5,596 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: