cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcollins
Level: Powered On

Approval email contains 2 versions of the request

Ok, I know this must have to do with my Outlook but it's driving me crazy how it is showing 2 versions. 

On one computer i get this:  notice the highlighted line where i can show/hide the 2nd version of the email which behaves differently. The top approval link, accepts the approval right in the email wheile the bottom version takes me to the flow web page that thanks me. 

I am using the Send Approval Email Action and not the newer Approval Action trigger.  Whe I use the Approval Acction trigger, i still get 2 versions but in the top one, i can also leave the comments right there in the email... never going to a website. 

approval email.jpg

While on computer #2 via same version of outlook, I get just the bottom version. 

approval 2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval email contains 2 versions of the request

Hi @jcollins,

I have reproduced your issue. In my Office365 Outlook, I got the first approval email version:

Capture.PNG

But in my on-premise Outlook 2016, I got the second version:

1.png

Both way can approve correctly so I think this won't cause any issue. What is your problem? Or which version do you prefer?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jcollins
Level: Powered On

Re: Approval email contains 2 versions of the request

Thank you, Mona! 

Well, no 'problem' per se, just wanted to know why i receive different versions of the email when using Outllook 2013 vs 2016. (i previously mentioned they were the same versions but I found they are not)

In 2016 i receive both versions in the same email (kinda confusing).  I'd prefer the method of approving right there in the email and not be taken to a website. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,650)