cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julianzhuang
Level: Powered On

Approval flow error

Hi, I got an error at “Start an approval session" as shown below.

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'XrmSystemUserDisabled'. Error Message: 'The CDS system user record representing 'approverXXX@xxxx.com' is disabled. Please ask a database administrator to enable this user.'.

My powerapp is linked to sharepoint, office365users and outlook 365.

The approverXXX is a normal office365 user and doesn't have a Dynamics 365 license. The interesting thing is when I gave approverXXX the Dynamics365 users rights, then the error is gone. Does it mean the approver in the flow must have Dynamics license? If not, what can I do with that error?

Thanks,

Br, Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
bonm014

Re: Approval flow error

I have recreated the connections with a different account which resolved the issue. The old account seems to be working fine with normal actions with outlook or sharepoint.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @julianzhuang,

There is no Dynamics 365 license required for sending an approval email via "Send an approval" action in Microsoft Flow.

The Assigned to field of the "Send an approval" action is required to provide the email address of a user or users within your Organization.

Currently, I have no idea why this issue would show up when the approver does not own a Dynamics 365 license.

In order to get further help in this issue, please submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?wf=0&tenant=classiccommercial&oaspworkflow=start_1.0....

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bonm014

I have currently the same issue

A few months this flow has worked correctly, but now I receive this error message.

Any progress that you can share on this?

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @julianzhuang and @bonm014 I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Have you submitted a support ticket as suggested above by our CST Team?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Highlighted
bonm014

I have recreated the connections with a different account which resolved the issue. The old account seems to be working fine with normal actions with outlook or sharepoint.

View solution in original post

BOBOMAN

i have a same issue like yours. 

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @BOBOMAN I would suggest creating a new thread and being as descriptive as possible in regards to the issue you're experiencing. 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

BOBOMAN

@TopShelf-MSFT 

i created another environment then all good

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,914)