cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bestebreurtje
Level: Powered On

Approval issue: The approval Response is missing

I want to create an approval flow for 2 persons. 

The first approval for de Design Manager works ok.

Then I have some issues how to move on in the Flow after the 2nd approval "Project Manager" "Approve" or "reject" the approval.

There is no "Response" option available in the 2nd approval. 

Is this normal behavior?

What can I use instead of the "Response" option so based on this reaction I can send an email when the Approval is Approved or Rejected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Approval issue: The approval Response is missing

It looks like "Response" was replaced by "Outcome".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

You should be able to use the response of the second approval in your condition. I have a Flow that has multiple approval connectors and there are no issues with the Response being grayed out in Dynamic content.

Which approval action are you using in the second one (Create an approval, Start and Wait, or Wait for an Approval)? 

Also which approval type are you using (Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve, First to respond, Custom Responses - wait for all or wait for one response)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Bestebreurtje ,

Which approval action do you use within your flow? "Create an approval (V2)" action or "Send and wait for an approval" action?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:11.JPG

When you add a approval action within your flow, please make sure you add a "Start and wait for an approval" action rather than "Create an approval (V2)" action:12.JPG

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the "Project Manager Approval" action from your flow, then re-add a new "Start and wait for an approval" action, and check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new flow to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for posting in the community @Bestebreurtje - can you review the above replies and update the thread if they were helpful? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

mesteam

Hi,

The "Response" used to be there for me, but now it's also missing when I create a brand new Flow.  I have tried creating several new flows (Blank or Templates), and still don't see it anywhere.  See picture below:

2019-08-21_20-09-02.jpg

Super User
Super User

It looks like "Response" was replaced by "Outcome".

View solution in original post

mesteam

Awesome.  Thank you so much, Jeff!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,103)