cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gian
Level: Powered On

Approve emails from a PowerApps form

Hello dears,

I am building an application, as I am new to PowerApps issues, I have a question about certain functionality, can an email be approved from the PowerApps form itself without having to enter Outlook? I will appreciate all kinds of help or documentation.
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Approve emails from a PowerApps form

Hi @Gian ,

The question is quite broad depending on what you mean by approving emails - so, assuming you mean that you're using a flow approval process with email and want to access and approve that email from within PowerApps, then the answer is yes.  The answer may however spawn a whole bunch of different questions which you can also put to the forum Smiley Happy

• You can connect to Outlook using the Outlook connector.
  • You can collect your emails using the Office365.GetEmails() function of the outlook connector.
  • You can display a list of emails in a Gallery and you can render a specific email body in HTML using the HTMLText Control.
  • You won't get complex and/or dynamic form functionality usually incorporated in Outlook within an HTMLText control, but it will render the Approve/Reject buttons and if you click on them it will take you to the flow approval screen where you can add comments and confirm the approval.

Bear in mind the connector does not automatically update/refresh every time an email arrives, you will have to schedule refresh or manually refresh.  You can also filter results so if your approvals have specific identifiers, you can ignore other emails.

Hope this helps,

RT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,959)