cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hpkeong
Level 10

Apps' Dropdown behaves differently on Android

Hi PG:

Dropdown behaves normally, without showing BIG font, and within the box in Studio and Cloud (Win 10).

But when opened in Android (e.g. Asus, Samsung), the FONTs were enlarged to the whole screen. So, it the dropdown box is half of the screen width, the dropdown's words are mostly hidden.

Please fix the bugs or what happened? anything goes wrong with my setting?

Screenshot (216).pngScreenshot (217).pngScreenshot (218).pngScreenshot (219).png

hpkeong
5 REPLIES 5
yukonn
Level 8

Re: Apps' Dropdown behaves differently on Android

I do not think your setting is wrong. I also face with same issue after upgrade the latest app. I not sure PG team looking this forum or not. Man Tongue

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Hpkeong,

What property did you set to your Dropdown control? What property had you set to Items and how many items were contained in your Dropdown list? To reproduce this issue, could you give your steps?

I created an App which had a Dropdown control, and I set its Items property. Of course, it worked well on PowerApps studio. Then I ran it on an Android phone, and also on an iPhone. There was no BIG font shown, it worked normally.

How about creating a simple App only with a Dropdown control in it? Please set its Items property, and try to run it on an Android phone, and check when you select the items in the Drop down list, whether the BIG font will be shown or not. 

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yukonn
Level 8

Hi,

This is my setting on ddl box.

Item : Table({Country:""},{Country:"USA"},{Country:"China"})

Font : Open Sans 17

Padding: 5,5,5,5

Height: 48

Width: 575

Here is result on Preview Mode on AppDesign and iOS

Preview Mode on Windows

1.png

iOS

Box is narrow and Font is become big when click on dropdown.

2.png3.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Hpkeong,

Thanks for your information, I re-set my Dropdown control’s property just as above, the result was that:
>In Preview Mode on Windows: when I clicked the Dropdown list, the box and the font were nearly same.
>In Preview Mode on IOS: box was narrow and when I clicked the Dropdown list, the font was enlarged.
And if the Dropdown list was set to half of the screen, when the Text’s length was over the box, the Dropdown’s word would be hidden no matter on PC or on Phone.

So, you could send a feedback to Microsoft using the Feedback icon. The Feedback icon was shown as a smile face on your App.

simle.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

OK..I will send feedback.

In fact, I had written to PG and awaiting reply.

TQ

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,952)