cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyamini
Level: Powered On

Asset Checkout App

Hello,

I am new to power apps and i am trying to make a simple asset checkout app from the template but I am not usre how to proceed. I connected the asset checkout template to my static excel sheet but it is still showing the sample product data from the template. I tried ot follow the instructions from microsoft docs but could not proceed. Please sugeest me how to edit the app from the template and make it my own.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Asset Checkout App

Hi @yyamini,

If you have successfully created the app to handle your own data, it should look like the one in the second screenshot. If it does, close the app and  find the Excel spreadsheets for the app in a folder called Powerapps in the connector you used to re-create the app. You will need to replace the sample data in each Excel table with your own data. Save and close the Excel files and restart the app. Good luckAssetcheckout1.PNG

Assetcheckout2.PNG

View solution in original post

yyamini

Hello @Drrickryp,

Thank you for your reply. I am still stuck in the intial steps of creating the asset checkout application from the asset checkout template. I connected the template to a static excel sheet and I was able to modify the home screen and make it look like the screenshot below. However, I am not able to proceed after this. The checkout and the other screens are the same as the asset checkout template and I am not able to proceed to the next screen from the home screen when I run the application. If you can please tell me what I am doing wrong and the intial steps on how to build this application from the template.

Appreciate your help 🙂

Super User
Super User

@yyamini,

I am not sure where you are in the installation process of the template app.  When you click on the Vew tab then click data sources, take a screenshot of it and post please.  Compare it to the screenshots in my previous post.  If the datasources are red, then you haven't finished the installation. 

yyamini

Hello @Drrickryp,,

Here are the screenshots.

Super User
Super User

Ok, @yyamini, You are confused.  You do not want to add static data sources to your app. The static sources were for demo'ing the template and in the installation process, they are converted to actual working Excel tables.  Your second screenshot shows where the static datasources were converted to usable excel files and were placed in your OneDrive for Business.  They are located in a folder called Powerapps on your OneDrive for Business account.  You need to go to that folder and find the  Excel spreadsheets.  From there, you can delete the demo information carried over from the template and replace it with your own data.  You will need to do this for all 5 tables.  Then, the app should work as planned.  If this answers your question, please mark the discussion as solved.

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Hi @yyamini,

If you have successfully created the app to handle your own data, it should look like the one in the second screenshot. If it does, close the app and  find the Excel spreadsheets for the app in a folder called Powerapps in the connector you used to re-create the app. You will need to replace the sample data in each Excel table with your own data. Save and close the Excel files and restart the app. Good luckAssetcheckout1.PNG

Assetcheckout2.PNG

yyamini

Hello @Drrickryp,

Thank you for your reply. I am still stuck in the intial steps of creating the asset checkout application from the asset checkout template. I connected the template to a static excel sheet and I was able to modify the home screen and make it look like the screenshot below. However, I am not able to proceed after this. The checkout and the other screens are the same as the asset checkout template and I am not able to proceed to the next screen from the home screen when I run the application. If you can please tell me what I am doing wrong and the intial steps on how to build this application from the template.

Appreciate your help 🙂

Super User
Super User

@yyamini,

I am not sure where you are in the installation process of the template app.  When you click on the Vew tab then click data sources, take a screenshot of it and post please.  Compare it to the screenshots in my previous post.  If the datasources are red, then you haven't finished the installation. 

yyamini

Hello @Drrickryp,,

Here are the screenshots.

Super User
Super User

Ok, @yyamini, You are confused.  You do not want to add static data sources to your app. The static sources were for demo'ing the template and in the installation process, they are converted to actual working Excel tables.  Your second screenshot shows where the static datasources were converted to usable excel files and were placed in your OneDrive for Business.  They are located in a folder called Powerapps on your OneDrive for Business account.  You need to go to that folder and find the  Excel spreadsheets.  From there, you can delete the demo information carried over from the template and replace it with your own data.  You will need to do this for all 5 tables.  Then, the app should work as planned.  If this answers your question, please mark the discussion as solved.

yyamini

@Drrickryp Thank you so much for your guildeiness. I was able to add my own data and make the app work. I am stuck at tow more things:

1) I am not able to add links to images. My app looks like the first screen shot below.

2) Where does the app store the data as to which user checked out an asset and for how long? I tested by checking out 1 item and the app let me check that item out again even though there was only 1 item in the stock. What am I doing wrong here?

Super User
Super User

@yyamini,

Thanks for the kind words.  Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with this app.  Perhaps @TopShelf-MSFT could suggest a more appropriate advisor  for your follow up questions.

yyamini

@Drrickryp Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT Could you please help me out with the errors I am facing in the asset checkout application?

yyamini

@Drrickryp Reaching out to you again for help as no one else replied to this forum. I was able to make changes to the excel sheets. However, when I tried to reserve an asset I was not able to see where that data is being saved?

Can you please help out or suggest how I can get help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,613)