cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luka84
Level 8

Assign a value of a Label to a SharePoint Field

Good day,

I have a PowerApps form with data from a SharePoint list. Some of my fields from SharePoint are "Number" type fields, and I would like to have 1 field as the sum of other Number fields.

For Example: I have a Field called "TOTAL AMOUNT", which should be the sum of other fields (SERVICE 1 AMT, SERVICE 2 AMT, etc..)

I don't seem to be able to achieve this in a formula, so I added a LABEL to the form "and tried to make the "SUMOFAMT" and point the Default Value of my SP Field "TOTAL AMOUNT" to it. "SUMOFAMT" successfully sums the fields, but pointing my SP FIELD "TOTAL AMOUNT" to "SUMOFAMT" doesn't work for some reason.

This is the formula for SUMOFAMT:

Value('SERVICE 1 AMT'.Text) + Value('SERVICE 2 AMT'.Text) + Value('SERVICE 3 AMT'.Text) + Value('SERVICE 4 AMT'.Text)  + Value('SERVICE 5 AMT'.Text)  + Value('SERVICE 6 AMT'.Text)  + Value('SERVICE 7 AMT'.Text) 

I tried this formula to assigned the value of "SUMOFAMT" to "TOTAL AMOUNT" without any success:

Value(SUMOFAMT.Text)

I would like some advice on whether I could directly add the "SUM" formula to my original SP field "TOTAL AMOUNT" or to assign the value of "SUMOFAMT" to "TOTAL AMOUNT"

Many thanks in advance

Luca

1 REPLY 1
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Assign a value of a Label to a SharePoint Field

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,592)