cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maxtarneberg
Level: Powered On

Assign multiple images to specific parent record and link gallery to that record

Hi There,

I am a really struggling to find help on this, and I'm sure there must be a solution, any help would be most appreciated!

Scenario:

I have created a basic app which displays Excel data as multiple records (rows) within a Browse Gallery, some basic identifying columns (datacards) are shown. Each of these records can be selected to open up a Details Form Screen with other columns that are visible. I also have the option to open an Edit Form Screen, to change some values and when I click "Submit" that data is passed back into Excel, and the columns are adjusted accordingly with my values. Fine...

Into this Edit Form Screen, I have added an Add Picture control, which adds pictures to a Collection, and created a gallery in the Details Form Screen, which shows the pictures I have uploaded. However, the same pictures appear in every Details Form Screen, regardless of which record I click on. It simply shows whats in the collection. They are not 'tied' or specific to each record, in the same way text data is linked by a datacard.

What I want to achieve:

Imagine an app where I go to a specific location, open up the record for a specific stock, and am able to take some photos and record some data, which all gets turned into a complete report of that stock.

With this in mind, I would like the app to be able to open up a specific record, and using an Edit Form Screen add some pictures to that specific record.

I then need a gallery on the Details Form Screen of a specific record to show those pictures that were added to that record.

Ideally I need also to be saving those photos on a shared folder on SharePoint, with a URL recorded on a table in Excel. 

Questions:

Am I missing something obvious?

Do I need to make a Collection for each record, and if so how?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Assign multiple images to specific parent record and link gallery to that record

Hi @maxtarneberg,

Taking photos with the Camera control should work.

Could you please share more details about how you configured the collection with the controls?

When working with the Add Pocture control, the Image files is saved in Apps with Relative path, once image changed, the previous one would be replaced, I think your issue should be related with this.

For saving captured image into SharePoint, please check:

Solved: How to save captured images in SharePoint

More readings:

Add images to Excel from PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
maxtarneberg

Re: Assign multiple images to specific parent record and link gallery to that record

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your response.

I am keen to use the Add Picture control because it is more flexible and uses the in-built device camera UI. I have tried the Camera control, and face the same issue. Also it is more awkward for me to test because my PC doesn't have an in-built Camera. 

I have an 'Add' button whcih takes the uploaded image with an OnSelect to add to a Collection called MyPicture:

Collect(MyPicture,{Photo:UploadedImage1.Image ,  FileName:"boo.jpg"})

I feel that if I could configure the FileName to be some Data which identifies it plus Date, then I can later configure a Gallery to Filter to only show Items whose FileName contains the relevant Data.

Is this possible or a good way to go? and if so how?

Unfortunately I am unable to create a SharePoint List due to organizational restrictions.

Many Thanks,

Max

maxtarneberg

Hi Michael @v-micsh-msft

Many thanks for your response.

I am keen to use the Add Picture control because it is more flexible and uses the in-built device camera UI. I have tried the Camera control, and face the same issue. Also it is more awkward for me to test because my PC doesn't have an in-built Camera. 

I have an 'Add' button whcih takes the uploaded image with an OnSelect to add to a Collection called MyPicture:

Collect(MyPicture,{Photo:UploadedImage1.Image ,  FileName:"boo.jpg"})

I feel that if I could configure the FileName to be some Data which identifies it plus Date, then I can later configure a Gallery to Filter to only show Items whose FileName contains the relevant Data.

Is this possible or a good way to go? and if so how?

Unfortunately I am unable to create a SharePoint List due to organizational restrictions.

Many Thanks,

Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 483 members 6,195 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: