Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkWhitfield
Level: Powered On

Attachments not saving, showing 'Unsaved' message

Hi,

I have user PowerApps to create a custom SharePoint list item form (rather than an App) and need to be able to add attachments to the list items, however when adding the Attachments feature, any attempt to actually upload an attachment to the entry displays the text 'Unsaved' next to the attachment and does not add the attachment upon saving. I have checked another list where a custom form is used and this is the case here also.

Our PowerApps version is 3.19104.33

Could you please advise if there is a way that we can get this functionality working as expected?

Thanks in advance

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attachments not saving, showing 'Unsaved' message

Hi @MarkWhitfield ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the attached files within the Attachments control could not be saved into your SP List when press "Save" button?

It is an normal bahaviour that -- when upload a file from your local PC into the Attachments control, the attached file would be marked as "Unsaved" until you save your form data back to your SP list.

If you could not save the attached files from the Attachments control back to your SP list, please remove the Attachments control from your Edit form, then re-add it again, re-publish your custom form app, try it again in your SP List, check if the issue is fixed.

In addition, currently, there are some known issue with PowerApps Custom form in SharePoint, please check the following thread for more detaisl:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/PowerApps-pulling-old-record/td-p/4...

I think your issue may be related to this issue. I have posted this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,603)