cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOM_4410
Level 8

Attachments not working

Need your help please!!. I have built an app to submit details to a SharePoint list. The user fills the fields and also need to attach some documents. When ready clicks on a button that has a SubmitForm(MyForm).

Very easy right?...all good but after attaching the documents, when clicking on Submit the documents disappear!!! All the information is in the SP list but documents are not there.

And I know they are mysteriously erased because when I attach items and then go to the previous screen, then back to the screen to attach documents, the docs are not there anymore. Actually whatever I click after attaching the docs makes the disappear!

This form was working fine on version 3.18052.12, but now I am on version 3.18054.16 and have this issue. Any ideas of what I can do??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Attachments not working

I believe this may be due to a known bug with the delayed loading feature, a fix for which has not yet propagated world-wide.

To turn off the delayed loading feature, go into your App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Experimental features, and turn off "Delayed load", and republish the app.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Microsoft Employee

@jovan, can you please comment? Thanks.

Microsoft Employee

This looks like an issue that has been fixed. The fixed version should be available today or tomorrow.

Jcole429
Level: Powered On

I am still experiencing this issue on the mobile version of powerapps. When I attach something in the desktop app it posts to the sharepoint list as expected, but once I move to my phone the attachments disappear before submitting

Microsoft Employee

Please try again at the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KOM_4410,

I am on version 3.18054.16 and just tested that I cannot reproduce your issue. I run the app both on IE11 and on iOS iphone, both works fine. In both devices, I can attach files with Attachment control inside the Edit Form and I can see the attachments are uploaded successfully on the Display Form. 

I created the app by selectling Crean an app > Start with your data > SharePoint > Connect to my list and let PowerApps auto-generated the app. The Attachment control is added inside the Form. Please try to create the app in this way and test again. If you still have this issue, please tell where were you using this app.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nerkar

I also tried using method mentioned, but it is not working. 

Jcole429

I created a new app using the method specified above. "Create an app > Start with Data > Sharepoint > Connect to list".

Once again it worked when I attached a picture from the desktop, but when I tried it from the mobile app the new item in the list doesn't contain the attachment, it just seems to disappear. 

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

I believe this may be due to a known bug with the delayed loading feature, a fix for which has not yet propagated world-wide.

To turn off the delayed loading feature, go into your App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Experimental features, and turn off "Delayed load", and republish the app.

View solution in original post

KOM_4410
Level 8

Hi Mona,

I tried exactly what you said and I am having the same problem.

Creat an app > Start with your data > SharePoint > Connect to my list and let PowerApps auto-generated the app

I am using the app (and it is where is going to be used) in a web browser. I tried Chrome, Edge and Explorer and they all have the same problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 343 members 5,543 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: