Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOM_4410
Level 8

Re: Attachments not working

Hi @jovan

Thanks for this, before trying just want to be sure of a couple of thing

What is delayed loading fuature for? What's going to happen if I turn it off? (apart from hopefully fixing this bug)

Any idea when the fix is going to be available to all of us?

Thanks

Microsoft Employee

Delayed Loading is a pure optimization feature. It allows you to load the application faster by delaying the loading of other resources that should not be made available right away. The worst thing that can happen after disabling it is that your application will take longer to load.

We did a couple of fixes for some of the related issues and those should come with the next release that should be available in the next couple of days. 

KOM_4410
Level 8

@dinusc and @jovan

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to wait for the next release otherwise I'll try desabiling the delayed loading. I'll let you guys know here how it goes

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Delayed loading only benefits apps that have multiple screens, so if your app has only one screen you may as well turn it off.  Even if you do have a handful of screens, you are unlikely to see significant benefit.  On the other hand an app with 100 screens will load significantly faster when delayed loading is on.

I'm mentioning this because there is a chance that the next release will be postponed a week, so if you are awaiting it, you may want to turn off delayed screen loading in the meantime.

KOM_4410
Level 8

Ok, convinced, did it and that totally solved the problem!!!...thanks @jovan and @dinusc!!!!!

Really love this forum, PowerApps wouldn't be the same with out it 

Jcole429
Level: Powered On

I have disabled this experimental feature but am still having the same issues

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Have you saved and republished the app?

By the way, the fix was actually deployed today, with version 3.18061.  At this point in time nobody should be seeing this bug, even with delayed loading.  The only exception are end users who are on iOS / Android and have not yet updated their mobile apps from the app store.

Jcole429

I just re-published ecen though it said it was the same version, but its working now. Thank you

Microsoft Employee

I'm glad it worked. Please note that re-publishing is actually necessary to apply all the changes.

Jowiko

I am now having the same issue in release 3.18063.33.  Adding attachments updates the SharePoint site, however the list box for the attachments is empty on the view and edit form screens in web view and iphone app.  The "has attachments" indicates there is an attachment.  The Delayed Load is disabled (never was enabled to begin with and republished).  Note: This is a standalone canvas app that uses SharePoint not SharePoint using a Powerapps form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 339 members 5,628 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: