Re: Attachments not working

@Hi @jovan 

Certainly is.

Regards

Nigel

kusa
Level: Powered On

I'm had the "unsaved" issue as well initially. What I think I did was create an app > canvas > (Start with your data) SharePoint Phone layout and then connect it to a SharePoint List. By default the Attachment field is unchecked, so I went into Edit fields of the EditForm1 and checked them.

Either way, I had been struggling to find why it wasn't uploading. I could only manage to upload in the app preview in the PowerApps studio/editor. In the Android app and in the web app (Google Chrome) it just wasn't saving.

In the end I decided to create a new app from scratch. The second time I'm sure I followed the steps above precisely. And now, for whatever reason, it seems to work for me.

However, the craziest thing is that now the "broken" app started to work too. Is this some sort of browser cache issue?

Session details for the working app: Session ID: a01c0379-3625-43ba-b96a-7b294d88ee49
PowerApps 3.19023.12

Session details for the "broken" app that now works too: Session ID: 0befb67a-c1ac-4255-9cee-2e9f47f2a764 PowerApps 3.19023.12

NigelP
Level 8

joema

Hi @NigelP ,

We had similar fix and the fix is live on the store. Can you please update your app from the Google Play Store to see if the issue is still happening ?

Joe

NigelP
Level 8

Hi @joema 

I have just tried today (18/03/2019) and the problem still exists.

The PowerApp app was last updated by Google Play on the 11/03/2019.

REgards

Nigel

joema

@NigelP Thanks for your reply. And we are sorry to hear that the latest version can't fix the issue. Can you please provide the session id so we are able to dive deep on the issue ?

NigelP
Level 8

HI @joema 

2c7d0216-a04c-47c3-a9c5-7af0efd307f3

Regards

Nigel

joema

@NigelP Great. One more followup question is what type of file are you trying to attach ? Zip, jpg, ect ?

NigelP
Level 8

Hi @joema 

.docx fails

.doc fails

.jpg works

.pdf fails

.mp4 works

.one fails

.xlsx fails

.pptx fails

These test were conducted on a Galaxy S10+.

The PowerApps session was closed down after each test and restarted for the next test.

Android version G975FXXU1ASBA/G975FOBE1ASB4/G975FXXU1ASBA Security patch level : 1 February 2019

Regards

Nigel

rys

Just a note here the .pdf was the one that I was the most concerned about. Basically any signed document these days is transferred in a pdf format. Also when I was trying to implement this .png could be uploaded on a computer but not on a cell phone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 333 members 5,805 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: