cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attendance System for check in & check out

Hi @azzamnizam,

If you want to save the Note/Remark text into your SP list, please modify the formula within the OnSelect proeprty of the "Check In" button as below:

Set(
     CurrentCheckedInRecord,
     Patch(
       'YourSPList',    
        Defaults('YourSPList'),
        {
          Title: "Check In&Out Test",
          StaffName: User().FullName,
          StaffEmail: User().Email,
          Check_x0020_In: Now(),
Remark: TextInput1.Text /* <-- Add formula here. Remark represents the column in your SP list to store your Notes/Remarks. TextInput1 represents the Text Input control within your app*/ } ) ); Navigate(CheckInSuccessScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
azzamnizam
Level: Powered On

yes sure after all problem encounterd.... but the new problem I discoverd is....after I check in....I end the program task or end the task.... the check out data cannot be stored....how do I make the sessions last until I press the check out button pressed.. my concern is how if the user phone restart or no battery phone off....the cache data will lost and cant be check out

@v-xida-msft

rgd

AzzamNizam

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @azzamnizam,

Do you want to cache your Check In record into your local device?

If you want to cache your Check In record into your local device, I think the SaveData function and LoadData function could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-offline-apps-with-new-powerapps-capabilities/

On your side, you should take a try with the following workaround:

Modify the formula within the OnSelect property of the "Check In" button to following:

ClearCollect(                                /* <-- Save Check In record into a Collection */
     CurrentCheckedInRecord,
     Patch(
       'YourSPList',    
        Defaults('YourSPList'),
        {
          Title: "Check In&Out Test",
          StaffName: User().FullName,
          StaffEmail: User().Email,
          Check_x0020_In: Now(),
          Remark: TextInput1.Text    /* <-- Add formula here. Remark represents the column in your SP list to store your Notes/Remarks. TextInput1 represents the Text Input control within your app*/
        }
    )
);
SaveData(CurrentCheckedInRecord, "CachedData") /* <-- Add formula here */ Navigate(CheckInSuccessScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Set the OnStart or OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following:

LoadData(CurrentCheckedInRecord, "CachedData")

Set the OnSelect property of the "Check Out" button to following:

Refresh('YourSPList');
If(
    !IsBlank(CurrentCheckedInRecord),
    Patch(
      'YourSPList',
       CurrentCheckedInRecord,
       {
         Check_x0020_Out: Now()
       }
     )
);
Navigate(CheckOutSuccessScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
azzamnizam

Dear @v-xida-msft ,

Other storage than local device where else can store the cache data ?? Is there possible to store in cloud or any SP list ???

and if I store in local device means store in user phone ?? then what happen to the data after checkout button press ? the data still in the local device or has been released ?

ShehanPeiris

Hi Team,

Your solution helped me a lot to create a check in and check out app. 

I have created SP list and successfully passed check in time and check out time.

but I need different scenario of this.

I want to place a mobile near to entrance and need to scan the QR code. each staff member will give a unique QR code containing a unique e-mail.

when he/she is check-in, I'm going to scan his/her QR code and do the check-in. after few people check-in, how to check-out 1st or 2nd checked-in user. (any solution to track using email and check-out)

Appreciate your support...

Highlighted
Poweruser_11
Level: Power Up

Hi 

Thank you for sharing the solution.

when i am trying to implement this solution , there is no data in SP list while i click on the check in and check out button. Secondly, i am receiving an error on Check In button as shown in the image.

Please help me with this issue.

I am trying to create an app for employee daily attendance system along with PTO(Paid Time Off- where employee able to check their available leave and request a leave like Leave->Request Template available in PowerApp)Screenshot (57).pngCheck in button errorCheckInerror.PNGSp.PNGSP list

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 5,303 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: