cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STW
Level: Powered On

Auto fill from multiple data sources

Howdy-

Hopefully this isn't too broad.  I think I have two questions; what's best practice for what I'm trying to accomplish, and then how do I do it.

First, thanks to @Shanescows  big time for all the how-to videos.  That guy is a machine.

What I'm trying to do is create a screen that greets the user with their name from the O365 connector (figured out from one of Shane's videos), but then auto-fills the user's details that aren't stored in our AD, like from a spreadsheet or SharePoint list.  I have a spreadsheet saved to OneDrive that has the data I need now, and am attaching a screenshot of it.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of a auto-generated email that's created using another form system we use as an example of what I would like to duplicate.  The goal is to replace that form system completely for ticket taking with PowerApps.  This is for on-campus students who could submit tickets for three possible problem types; facilities, IT or general RA help... like a stopped up toilet.

I'll tackle the automatic service department assignment later.  For now, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add the student's room number, ID number, etc., to an email that's generated via a PowerApps screen/form, and relative to something like their name or email address that's retrieved from AD.

Sorry for the vagueness.  I know lots of questions here are specific and in the minutiae, but I know so little code anyway, I'd show my inexperience by picking the least logical method of getting this done if I asked for code level help first.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STW

Re: Auto fill from multiple data sources

Figuring things out on your own is not underrated.

LookUp(fall_2019_dev, ntcc_email = User().Email,room_number)         

It's also evidence of my coding paygrade.  Mr. Young's "PowerApps SQL LookUps and Relationships" tutorial on YT solved this.

-Thanks 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @STW ,

Do you want to kown how to send an email from PowerApps?

Firstly, you need to connect with Office 365 Outlook.

Secondly, the syntax is:

Office365.SendEmail(
         Email address, // To field
         Text,                        //  Subject Field  (email subject)
         Text          // Body Field, this could also be HtmlText1.HtmlText   (email content)  
           {IsHtml:true}                  // the record elements for other parameter          
       )

Please fill in the email address that you want to send the email to , the emial subject and the emial's content.

Based on your description, I think maybe you want to send html text.

The body field could be filled in htmltext. Please note that if you fill in html text, you need to add ' {IsHtml:true} '.

Here's a doc about this connector for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-office365-outloo...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
STW

Thanks for the reply, but that's not exactly what I meant.

I can collect text and send emails, but instead of requiring the user to input their room number, I want to auto-fill that field by bouncing the user's email address off of another connector that goes to either a list or excel spreadsheet.

STW

Figuring things out on your own is not underrated.

LookUp(fall_2019_dev, ntcc_email = User().Email,room_number)         

It's also evidence of my coding paygrade.  Mr. Young's "PowerApps SQL LookUps and Relationships" tutorial on YT solved this.

-Thanks 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,258)