Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
samuelJ
Level 8

Auto height bug?

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with auto height not always displaying correctly.  It has happened in galleries, and in plain text boxes not in galleries.  It seems as though the height of the text for a given box is not not getting read correctly and making the height of the boxes much smaller than they need to be.  This problem seems to happen at random, some galleries are fine, while other experience the issue.  The issue can usually be solved by closing the app and re-opening it.  Please see below screen shot of my error.  

Thank you for any insight!

Capture.PNG

Smushed_Auto_Height_error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jlister
Level 8

Re: Auto height bug?

@samuelJ I noticed an issue with the auto height not setting correctly in my app when the improved rendering was enabled. By chance, is this feature enabled and does the auto height issue improve if  it is disabled?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samuelJ,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

If the issue exists within your Gallery, please take a try to reset your Gallery via refreshing the data source connected to your Gallery. Set the OnVisible property of the screen which contains the Gallery control to following:

Refresh(DataSourceConnectedToYourGallery)

If the issue exists outside the Gallery, please take a try to reset the control using the following formula:

Reset(ControlName)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samuelJ
Level 8

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I am using a collection as my data source, so I dont think I would need to refresh it, would I?  I have found couple of threads who seems to be having a similar problem here: Link.  Before your comment I pretty much just decided this was a PowerApps issue, not really a problem with my implementation.  

The app simulates a directory with peoples pictures and information.  If it happens on one persons, I can exit out of theirs, click on someon elses, and go back into the "broken" one and its (usually) fixed.  There is no screen switching here, just adjusting visibilty of a gallery and changing the item in the gallery to be myObject.selected.  

Please let me know if I misinterpetted your solution, or if I can use the Refresh(DataSource) in a different location other than the OnVisible() method, as there is not screen navigation.

jlister
Level 8

@samuelJ I noticed an issue with the auto height not setting correctly in my app when the improved rendering was enabled. By chance, is this feature enabled and does the auto height issue improve if  it is disabled?

View solution in original post

samuelJ
Level 8

Hi @jlister,

We are using improved rendering in the app.  I made the change and cannot recreate it.  I will publish the feature to our users and see if the issue persists.  If it does not, I will come back mark this as the solution.  

Thank you!

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@samuelJ@jlister A fix for auto-height when improved app rendering is enabled was released world-wide last week.  This should address the issues you are describing.  You will need to republish your apps for the changes to take effect.

samuelJ
Level 8

Hello @_Corey_,

I published my app 11/14/18.  Today, 11/15/18, The first gallery I came to add the issue.  Let me know if there is something I could have missed.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@samuelJ Does your app dynamically hide/show the Gallery that is exhibiting the problem?  i.e. does Gallery.Visibile listen to a variable that flips false->true based on data being loaded or some other condition?

samuelJ
Level 8

Yes, the gallery visibility is dynamic.  Listens to a variable.

samuelJ
Level 8

Upon further investigating, the gallery will at fist appear "squished" but upon trying to scroll the gallery it fixes itself. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,663)