cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sweetwaterbrew
Level: Powered On

Auto populate Title field from other fields on SharePoint list form

I've got a simple form connected to a single SharePoint list. I want to make the Title field a comination of 2 fields in the form.

Colum names:

1. Client Name
  2. Type of Service

Title shoud be: 

[client name]-[type of service]

I cannot seem to find the correct way to accomplish this. I'm assuming an update to the field must be done at the time of submitting the form with the button. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Auto populate Title field from other fields on SharePoint list form

For anyone who finds this later. We figured out the answer in another thread that was happening at the same time. Thread with answer.

@sweetwaterbrew will you mark this post as the answer so people can find it later? And if I make it back to ATL you are on for a beer. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

{Title: ClientName.Text & "-" & TypeService.Text}

That might not be perfect syntax but that is really close if it isn't. 🙂 

Get you close enough?

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
ATLTEK
Level: Power Up

Will this work if it's a new form?

Thank you so much for the quick response and assistance.
Super User
Super User

You are right, that isn't going to work on FormSubmit. Let me try out an idea.... Okay. Got it. (Thankfully you didn't have to actually wait while I tried.)

So on my new form I set Title Default to be ClientName & "-" & TypeService

I also set Title to DisplayMode to DisplayMode.view that way the user cannot type in anything. You could also just set Visible to False if you don't want them to see it. 

How about that for chaotic circle fun? 

ATLTEK
Level: Power Up

Thanks!
I do a lot with Nintex forms and have many workarounds similar. I'm give it a try and get back to you. I'm driving now, so it will be later tonight
sweetwaterbrew
Level: Powered On

Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck with it. I've even tried just setting the Title field to be just the client name. Nothing seems to update the Title field with the other field's text while filling out a new form.

If I open an existing item, the Title field is changed to be the client name.

Is there some action that needs to happen to tell the Title field to populate while filling out the form for a new item?

Super User
Super User

For anyone who finds this later. We figured out the answer in another thread that was happening at the same time. Thread with answer.

@sweetwaterbrew will you mark this post as the answer so people can find it later? And if I make it back to ATL you are on for a beer. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,003)