Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
msm8504
Level: Powered On

Auto refresh CRM form after Powerapp runs from custom ribbon button

Good Afternoon,

I'm running into an issue when running a Powerapp through a custom button on my CRM Opportunity form.  The powerapp is launched from a custom button into a separate web page, and when my powerapp finishes and web browser closes, I need CRM to then automatically refresh the main entity Opportunity form?

If my button created a custom CRM form this would be easy, but since a new powerapp browser window is launched, CRM does not know when that windows closes.

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Auto refresh CRM form after Powerapp runs from custom ribbon button

Hi @msm8504 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you embed a canvas app into your D365 CRM Opportunity form?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your issue?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you could consider embed a canvas app within your D365 CRM Opportunity form to achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enrich-your-model-driven-forms-with-embedded-canvas-apps-...

More details about embedding a canvas app within D365 CRM Entity, please check the following article:

https://the365hero.com/blog/2018/12/24/embedded-canvas-apps-for-dynamics-365/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
msm8504
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-xida-msft 

I've looked into embedding direclty on the form, but the current business needs won't allow this.  It needs to be a custom button that calls a javascript action to launch the powerapp into a seperate browser window.  From there the user inputs the info needed and the papp runs a flow which updates custom Opp form fields.  Everything is working perfectly execpt for auto-refreshing the Opp form after the papp windows is closed.  Is there like a timer refresh action I could add to the custom ribbon button after it runs?  I'm stuck on if this is even possible.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @msm8504 ,

Yeah, I got it. Do you want the Opp form to be refreshed automatically after the PowerApps app windows is closed?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, there is no functions supported in PowerApps to force the D365 CRM form to refreshed. The only solution now is refreshing your D365 CRM form web page manually to force the Opp form to be refreshed.

If would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

In addition, have you taken a try with the Model-Driven app in PowerApps? Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Model-Driven app could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-general-availability-of-embedded-canvas-ap...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,897)