cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesman
Level: Powered On

AutoFill People lookup fields from lookup dropdown list

Please need help in autofill a people field based on lookup selection for item selected in another drop down list. I have one of the list columns as admin name (People field) with a lookup to another Drop down column (Department). So if an item selected in department, then admin field should show the list of admin name only (person field). Please how can I achieve this? Would that work. Problem is I need that person field for flow so a notiification is sent to that user base on the department name selected and in the lookup list. Save me from pondering please??!! 🙂 Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: AutoFill People lookup fields from lookup dropdown list

Hi @lesman,

Lookup type (including Person, Choice, and custom Lookup) under SharePoint List is defined in record type, if we filter the SharePoint list with the Department, then configure the Dropdown items to the Lookup field, then there would be errors remonding you that is not working.

A workaround here is, we take use of addcolumns function, add an additional column after the filter, formula should be:

Addcolumns(filter(SharePointList, Department=Dropdown1.selected.value),
                     "AdminName",
                      AdminColumn.DisplayName
)

Then specify the AdminName as the Dropdown display value (Under Advanced options->DATA).

If you would like to find the corresponding Email of the Admin, please specify the following code:

AdminDropdown.selected.AdminColumn.Email

For how to add Flow in PowerApps, check:

Start a flow in an App

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 295 members 5,610 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: