cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Jac
Level: Powered On

Autoselect on gallery

Hi, 

I have a PowerApp where in the left side there are two galleries. Gallery1 displays an item name, and Gallery2 displays cases related to the item selected in Gallery1. So one gallery filtering the other gallery. On the right side of the screen there is a form displaying the case selected in Gallery2. 

Everything works. But I have a problem, since Gallery2 does not automatically select the top item in the gallery. Sometimes there is only one case available in relation to the particular item selected in Gallery1, but it is not autoselected. It would save a lot of clicks if Gallery2 always selected the top item. 

Is there anyway to do that? 

I have tried to make the default in Gallery2 the top item by setting the default to this: First('database'.CaseNum) , but it appears not to work. The database is the items of Gallery2, and the CaseNum is where I would like the first case to be selected. 

I have attached a picture, where you can see that something is selected in Gallery1 but nothing is autoselected in Gallery2. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Autoselect on gallery

@C-Jac 

Try this code in the Item property of your form.

If(IsEmpty(Gallery2.Selected)=true,First(Gallery2.AllItems),Gallery2.Selected)

---

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly.  If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

C-Jac
Level: Powered On

It is just returning 'No item to display' 😞

Super User
Super User

Did you link the form to a datasource? What fields does the form contain in Edit Fields? What mode is your form being displayed in (New/Edit/View)?
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @C-Jac ,

If there is only one item in gallery, it will be auto- selected, but not when there are more than one items.

So you can try the following formulas on items property of Form:

If(CountRows(Gallery2.AllItems)>0,First(Gallery2.AllItems),Gallery2.Selected)

Annotation 2019-09-23 111434.png

Although this work around doesn't make the auto-selection of gallery done, the form will always show the first item.

Hopefully this can help you.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,061)