An app I'm working with is having some really bizarre behavior and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's causing it before I try and re-build the whole thing...
I have an app that is using SQL (Azure SQL Server). It always works in Edit/Preview Mode, yet a SQL query on a (fairly complext) form page is always failing in Published/Web mode with one of the following issues but there's never any on-screen errors:
1. A white (maybe light grey?) page with blue spinner flashes up and then the app bounces back to the first/home page of the app like it just re-loaded it.
2. The app errors to the blue spinner page and just stays on one of the following URLs:
3. Claim it's complete (by flipping a context variable) but then the data isn't in the collections and a form that's attached to a SQL record only shows about 1/2 of the data from the tables in the associated fields.
I've tried making copies of the app and removing all Experimental and Preview features, including improved rendering, made no difference at all. I've removed all concurrent statements and the app still just won't query the data. Same behavior in Edge and Chrome. Happens with multiple accounts, computers (also tried non-organization PCs) and networks. I've tried changing from using OnVisible to an AutoStart timer, going down even to just one query.
Regarding the fields on the form, if I set default by checking If(IsBlank(ThisItem.Field), "test", ThisItem.Field), It will show "test", so the form is thinking the field is null/blank. But if I do a ClearCollect(SQL, ID = varID) for row, the collection or even variable I pull the row in to does show all the data fields.
Also, this behavior wasn't happening before the Azure crash last week, which is probably a coincidence, but at this point I'm just at a loss on how to what to even try next and I really would like to avoid rebuilding this form or even app if I can help it.