cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolescholes
Level: Powered On

AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups

Hi,

If the user is a member of the specified group, can DisplayMode be DisplayMode.Edit?

How can I write the following function to work?

If(IsMatch(AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups(User().Email("GroupId"))),DisplayMode.Edit)

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups

I tried playing around with that AzureAD connector but I get a authentication error message indicating that the grant requires admin permission. Digging a little further in looks like the Connector needs the account to have the following administrator permissions:

Group.ReadWrite.All

User.ReadWrite.All

Directory.ReadWrite.All

If every user needs this level of access to use the connector in the app then that is a non-starter. Do you know from your testing if every user needs this elevated access or if it is just the account that set-ups up the connector for the first time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
nicolescholes

Hi,

There is no problem with Azure AD connector.

I added a dropdown control and wrote the following function in the Items. This way I can see group member users.

AzureAD.GetGroupMembers("GroupId").value

I repeat my question.

If the user is a member of the specified group, can DisplayMode be DisplayMode.Edit?

If(IsMatch(AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups(User().Email("GroupId"))),DisplayMode.Edit)

Thanks,

Super User
Super User

Check this old post where I show an example how to check for group membership: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-switch-the-view-as-InfoPath...

Good luck!

nicolescholes

Hi,

I have not found an example of the question I asked in the related post.

I repeat my question.

Thanks,

TullyH

Hi Jeff, did you ever figure out if these admin permissions are needed for all users or just the user that initially creates the connector?

Thanks.

Super User
Super User

I don't know if it is a shared access like SQL or if everyone needs access like a SharePoint connector. I don't have access to to use the Azure AD connector and I haven't been able to get with someone on our security team that has access to test this out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
val43

you missed a comma, and the second argument needs to be a table. But to be honest I can't figure out how to use this in a IF sentence. In another forum they use this: If(IsEmpty(AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups(.....)), true, false) but it doesn't work for me.

AzureAD.CheckMemberGroups(

User().Email,

["group-id"]

)

BTW:

A table with 1 column like this one is written as ["1st record","2nd record","3rd record"], but if you have more columns you need to use the Table() function. Thank you MS...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 445 members 5,921 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: