cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloWorld
Level: Powered On

BUG Empty Person field is not updating upon record changes

I have a gallery and a form (view mode) on the same screen.

The form will display detail information such as department, people (type of Person in SP), description, etc. associated to the selected i made in the gallery.

What I've noticed is the Person field does not honor empty value. Here is an example.

Assuming I have the following data

Gallery item 1, Form person value is John Dole

Gallery item 2, Form person value is empty

Gallery item 3  Form person value is Mary Jane

When I select item 1 in the gallery, It will display John Dole in the form, when I select item 2, the form will display John Dole (instead of emtpy). When i select item 3, the form will display Mary Jane. If i select item 2 next, it will display Mary Jane instead of empty.

Please fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: BUG Empty Person field is not updating upon record changes

I just tried this and it works fine. I have one screen that has a gallery and a display. I am using a list with a Person/Group field on it and some of the items have a user value and some don't. When I select an item that has a person then that person gets displayed in the form. If the next item I select doesn't have a person listed then the form doesn't display a value for the person field. I thought I might be able to find a work around to your issue but I can't reproduce it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HelloWorld,

I also cannot reproduce your issue. My Display Form Items property is:

Gallery1.Selected

And when I select one item that does not have any value in People and Group column, it would show empty in Display Form:

Capture.PNG

What is the formula of the Item property of your display form?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HelloWorld
Level: Powered On

Thanks guys for checking. I tried to recreate the issue again but couldn't. So what I did was replace the form with a new one and the issue seem to go away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,956)