cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
flipcritic
Level: Powered On

BUG: Gallery item selection does not work properly in live environment (iPad) but works in Studio

I have a vertical gallery which I scroll through. But when I select a record the wrong item is highlghted. This error only happens when run from an iPad. But never happens from the studio.

What info can I send you so that you can help check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flipcritic

Re: BUG: Gallery item selection does not work properly in live environment (iPad) but works in Studi

I decided to replace the Gallery with ComboBox as a workaround.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: BUG: Gallery item selection does not work properly in live environment (iPad) but works in Studi

For a current workaorund, please take a try to save the Gallery.selected into a variable, follow the steps mentioned in the thread below:

Gallery selected item only works once

See if that would work.

Besides, as the issue is within the PowerApps studio on IOS device, there is no proper method that could be used to check the details, and I can't reproduce the issue from my testing Device, IOS version 11.3.1.

Please consider rise a support ticket, then provide the Session ID of the issue Reproduce, session ID could be found under:

File->Account->Session Details

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
flipcritic

I decided to replace the Gallery with ComboBox as a workaround.

View solution in original post

GringoInMiami

I've encountered the same issue. It seems the Gallery control does not function properly on iOS when selecting a child object of a specific gallery item when there are more than 2 items in the gallery. I'm using a horizontal gallery with title and subtitle overlay. So each gallery item contains the following objects:

• image object
  • overlay object
  • title object
  • subtitle object

Selecting items (other than the first 2) by clicking one of the item's child objects instead of the gallery item itself, the Gallery.Selected value is not changed to the correct item.

Again, it functions correctly on a desktop, etc. but does not work correctly on the iPhone app. Please advise ASAP.

robinsc1

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issue.  In a Gallery with more than two items, selection does not pass the proper gallery selection to a form viewer on the next screen.  Some of the items have proper information, others do not.  This only occurs within IOS, not on Web/Android/ app designer.   I've been able to observe this behaivior even in the default three-screen app template PowerApps generates from a SharePoint list.  If the list has more than two fields, the form viewer does not display the correct data from the current gallery selection.  Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  Creating a collection won't work for us as our app needs to browse over 2000 records. 

Thanks.

(UPDATE: this is what was causing the issue for me: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/BUG-View-Form/m-p/190075#M62075

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,879)