cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewCarter
Level 8

Banner URL Image

I am trying to display an event in a PowerApp, we want to display the event banner image in the app. Within PowerApps development, and browser this works fine and displays the image.

However on the mobile devices the image is not displayed - I thought that this was due to the size of the image downloading, but I suspect that this is not the case.

Is there a way to display the event banner image in a PowerApp on a mobile device?

As reference we are pointing the Image control image property to ThisItem.'Banner URL'

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Banner URL Image

Hi @AndrewCarter ,

What is the data source of this banner? SharePoint list or what? What is the column type? Please try to test with different image types.

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndrewCarter
Level 8

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

The datasource is a SharePoint Events list (Calendar) OOTB the 'Banner URL' is a column in this list which is used when displaying Events within the Event WebPart.

Regards,

Andrew

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewCarter ,

Where is the images stored? What is the column type of Banner URL?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndrewCarter
Level 8

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

The images are stored within SharePoint events list, the 'Banner URL' is Hyperlink or Picture type column.

Regards,

Andrew

AndrewCarter
Level 8

@v-monli-msft,

FYI

I believe I know what the underlying problem is. When an Event is created and a page header image is uploaded, SharePoint copies the uploaded image and stores this in the Site Assets / Site Pages / Event folder in SharePoint.

With the Event list the 'Banner URL' column references this as the source of the Event header image, however this is a relative path rather than a full path.

Event Banner.PNG

Event Banner Path.PNG

Now while in the PowerApps studio this doesn't matter as the relative path is resolved, but when published and viewed on a device this no longer happens and therefore breaks..

As a solution / work around I guess I would have to have another Picture / Hyperlink column with a fully qualified path to the image (potentially stored in a CDN) I want to display and reference this in the APP

Regards,

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 6,658 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: