Highlighted
mayurdharukiya
Level: Power Up

Barcode scanning not working on iOS iPhone

Configurations tried :

Scanrate : 30 25  20 15

Dimension: 640x700 , 640 * 650 , 640 * 600

Barcode Types Tried: codabar ,code128,code39,ean,i2of5 and upc

Indicator is not coming as it comes in Android . Have attached the screenshots of the same.

Is there anybody who solved this bug from microsoft of anybody found any work around for is PowerApps bug in iOS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Barcode scanning not working on iOS iPhone

Hi mayurdharukiya,

Thanks for feedback.

From this blog about “Create a barcode scanning app in minutes!”, we know that there are some known limitations when use barcode on iOS. iOS has lower success rates than Android devices due to memory limitations.

When you set it the scanner width and height to 640x700 or lower and scan rate of 30, are you still having the issue?

Also the size of the barcode control on the screen matters (not intuitive yet this does decide the resolution of the camera capture).

If possible, please give all this information by sending us a screen capture from your iPhone while trying to scan.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi mayurdharukiya,

Thanks for feedback.

From this blog about “Create a barcode scanning app in minutes!”, we know that there are some known limitations when use barcode on iOS. iOS has lower success rates than Android devices due to memory limitations.

When you set it the scanner width and height to 640x700 or lower and scan rate of 30, are you still having the issue?

Also the size of the barcode control on the screen matters (not intuitive yet this does decide the resolution of the camera capture).

If possible, please give all this information by sending us a screen capture from your iPhone while trying to scan.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

joao_pires
Level: Powered On

Hi all,

My camera not working in first time to open my app, but in second time works well. Anyone have this issue?

https://youtu.be/arBYJIfQoow

SteveOoooooo
Level: Power Up

So I have a problem with scanning a barcode with my iphone8.

On the first attempt to scan it doesn't recognise the barcode, however if I open another app then return to the powerapp it has instant recognition and redlines and traps the barcode - no problem.

Once I then save that record and try to scan again I have the same problem - I have to come out of the app and use or change the iphone ie if I put the torch on, or change a setting it will then work once only.

Any ideas?

joao_pires

hi all,

Any ideas?

danidetapia

hi!

I have the same issue as joao_pires, if I switch from powerapps to anything else and return to powerapps, it does work. Otherwise it doesn't. I tried multiple combinations of scan rates and barcodescanner sizes but cannot get it work properly, as it does on Android.

Hope someone can help us.

katie406

I have this issue as well. Did you find anything that fixes it yet?

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

Hello @katie406,

Are you using the new Barcode Scanner control or web barcode scanner (similar to the original post)? We have recently added a new Barcode Scanner control that should work alot better on mobile devices.

katie406

Hi there, yes I am using the new barcode scanning tool. It worked great when I first implemented it but stopped working recently. I have tested on both Android and IOS and on both the first scan is not recorded. I have tried redownloading the powerapps app as I have heard that sometimes when you are not on the newest version of the app it can have problems. I noticed the problem around January 17th which happens to be when the app was upgraded from version 3.18122.23 to 3.18122.26. Do you think this could be the problem? I am now on version 3.19012.19. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

Oh I see, we've made some changes to the control recently so it could be an issue with the updated version, I can investigate that. Just to clarify, if you re-attempt to scan a second time does it succeed? and are you using the Barcode control or ScanBarcode() function ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,200)