cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wbeedge
Level: Powered On

Barcodescanner onselect / reset

The new barcode scanner has no Onselect methode.
When having a textbox bound to the barcode scanner and processing the barcode
(send mail or submit to sharepoint) there is no way to reset the text control since it's default text is set
to the barcode scanner. The barcode scanner has no reset or default value.

It would increase productivity to have this available and when having processed the data 
resetting the barcode scanner value or even having the possibility to select the barcode scanner
for the next scan.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Barcodescanner onselect / reset

Hello @wbeedge,

Can you please confirm that you're using the latest BarcodeScanner control (as in the picture below) and not one of trhe legacy versions?Capture.PNG

The new one does not include a TextBox (Label or TextInput) control. You should be able to add any formulas, including resetting the bound TextInput control

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft Employee

Hello @wbeedge,

Can you please confirm that you're using the latest BarcodeScanner control (as in the picture below) and not one of trhe legacy versions?Capture.PNG

The new one does not include a TextBox (Label or TextInput) control. You should be able to add any formulas, including resetting the bound TextInput control

View solution in original post

h-nagao
Level 10

This blog may help you, suggesting great workaround to reset scanned text from new Barcode scanner.

https://qiita.com/tomikiya/items/5f90c43a3ce714090260
*This is in Japanese but you can translate by Google.

Thanks
RUINSINK
Level: Power Up

I could use the feature of Select the barcode scanner once the data is processed so it would be ready to scan the next barcode. I shouldn't need to press the barcode scanner button every time I want to scan a barcode. The barcode scanner creates a button. It should have an OnSelect property. Thanks.

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

Hello @RUINSINK ,

We've recently added a new OnScan property that works similar to the OnSelect in other controls, this allows you to set a behaviour after a scan is successful.

joanneleung
Level: Powered On

I am facing a problem when previously scan a bar code and the result displayed in the input box without problem. But when scan a second barcode, the barcode scanner will return the previous barcode result to the input box. Is there any method to reset the barcode after first scan?

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

@joanneleung to answer your question, we've recently added support for reseting the control using the Reset function. Reset(BarcodeScanner1)

I am however interested to know how your control is setup and what makes the second value not update the input box? Does the BarcodeScanner1.Value not get updated when the second value is scanned?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 102 members 5,463 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: