cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter1234
Level: Powered On

Re: Bizarre Camera issue

Having same issue on a dell tablet, but only when working with an external screen.

When I run it on the screen of the tablet, it is ok.

Very strange.

Best regards,

Peter

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

Hello @Peter1234,

Are you seeing this in authoring or player? and which browser are you using?

Peter1234

Authoring.

Microsoft Edge.

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

@Peter1234, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my devices but I will investigated further. 

Does your device lock the screen orientation when it is connected to an external screen ?

Peter1234

Hi Mobaky,

Indeed, rotation is locked.

I have one more info: If i drag the tab running the power apps website from the browser (so it becomes a separate browser), the orientation is corrected.

PowerApps Staff mobaky
PowerApps Staff

Hello @Peter1234,

Thanks for the info, I looked into it and you were correct the camera orientation gets adjusted when an orientation change event is triggered in the browser. This seems to be an issue with how the browser sets the default orientation, We've contacted the edge team to try to resolve this and I will post any updates.

Peter1234

@mobakyThanks, looking forward to a solution ;o)

AlexandrePicque

Hi,

Is there anything new about this probleme ?  

DeanC
Level: Power Up

I can report this is a persistent issue on my Surface Laptop 2 when using Edge with Power Apps - I also find a similar problem with HTML5 Camera controls in Edge where the orientation will be ratated 90 degrees in various instances. This may be an Edge HTML5 camera/media control issue and not so much a Power Apps issue. In Chrome and Firefox i do not experience this problem. 😞

Super User
Super User

@DeanC wrote:

I can report this is a persistent issue on my Surface Laptop 2 when using Edge with Power Apps - I also find a similar problem with HTML5 Camera controls in Edge where the orientation will be ratated 90 degrees in various instances. This may be an Edge HTML5 camera/media control issue and not so much a Power Apps issue. In Chrome and Firefox i do not experience this problem. 😞

I have seen the same on multiple devices (Surface and Dell), (old) Edge rotates camera image 90 degrees. Solution (where possible) is to use a different browser. The new version of Edge (based on chromium) displays the camera image correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 403 members 5,367 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: