cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsslasd
Level 8

Bring Forward, Send Back Backward in Gallery Doesn't work for Text Boxes and Labels in a Gallery

The Bring Forward, Send Back Backward in Gallery Doesn't work for text boxes and labels in a Gallery (and perhaps beyond)

...But it used to.

The only workaround I see is having to delete controls and readd them in a particular order, which is something we are not going to be able to do.

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Re: Bring Forward, Send Back Backward in Gallery Doesn't work for Text Boxes and Labels in a Gallery

Works well here.  Are you perhaps having a browser issue or is something else impacting with it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
vsslasd
Level 8

Re: Bring Forward, Send Back Backward in Gallery Doesn't work for Text Boxes and Labels in a Gallery

I've tried Chrome and IE.

Edge doesn't work well with PowerApps.

This occurs in multiple applications.

I think the only way to fix this is to delete the gallery and recreate it and the objects.

I can't even select the objects and drag them in the gallery (which is another issue)

Kaine
Level: Powered On

Hi @vsslasd,

I had the exact same issue. Something buggy going on. After reloading the app, it sorted iteself out for me.

Suggestion

1.  Save PowerApp
  2.  From File menu, click Close
  3.  Reopen your PowerApp

Will be easier than deleting and recreating the App.

Good luck,

Kaine

vsslasd
Level 8

Thank you.

I've tried that before and that worked. These past few days it has not.

But I did reboot my computer and now it works.

So clearly, this has to be a caching issue, even across multiple browsers.

Yes, it's a bug.

Thank you all.

vsslasd
Level 8

Kind of like when Excel no longer allows you to use the cursor keys to move between cells.

The only way around that is to reboot your computer, and it resolves it until it happens again. 🙂

Kaine

@vsslasd wrote:

...But I did reboot my computer and now it works....

Haha... The old solutions are the best...

Next stop... Blue Screen

Super User
Super User

When Excel no longer allows you to move around the cells and instead moves around as if it's scrolling?

You may have pressed the scroll-lock key when trying to printscreen something - Press it again and you'll be able to navigate between cells again. If you have to restart the PC to fix it, then this is definitely the issue, as it goes back to the default ScrlLk setting when your computer boots up again.

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

And regarding caching - use Ctrl+F5 (rather than just F5) to force a page refresh which should override any caching settings.

I've had the issue that OP mentions happen quite a lot recently, and I've just been using the selection pane on the left to get at the individual gallery items until it bugs me enough for me to save, close, re-open and force-refresh

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
RichBurdes

Getting the same issue, cannot select individual controls in a gallery, cannot adjust layers cannot add a new control to the gallery or paste a control into a gallery - fix mentioned helps, but when it 1min to open the app, then gave to close it then f5 it - it feels bad.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,592)