Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinSquirrels
Level: Powered On

Re: Browse SP Docs based on URL from SP list

Hi @yashag2255 ,

This is the output from the test.

2019-09-08 07_54_35-PAT-OAK-Approved Contractors - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

Thanks

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @KevinSquirrels 

In that case, can you try to update the expression as:

Filter(Shares,IsFolder = false && StartsWith('Link to item',Substitute(Substitute(First(Split(galContractors.Selected.'Supplier Folder',"?")).Result,"%26","&"),":f:/r/","")))

In the test that you carried out, please check that the Substitute(Substitute(First(Split(galContractors.Selected.'Supplier Folder',"?")).Result,"%26","&"),":f:/r/","") returns the string that we are looking for. If it is, then it should return the records.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
KevinSquirrels

Hi @yashag2255 

The Substitute(Substitute(First(Split(galContractors.Selected.'Supplier Folder',"?")).Result,"%26","&"),":f:/r/","") returns the following value 

https://abc.sharepoint.com/sites/SPD-OAK-Site/Shares/H&S/Contractors/Contractor%20Information/Antali...

The "link to Item" value is

https://abc.sharepoint.com/sites/SPD-OAK-Site/Shares/H&S/Contractors/Contractor%20Information/Antali...

They look identical so I'm not sure why its not showing anything

Thanks

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @KevinSquirrels 

This is strange! Can you try to refresh the data sources and update the expression as:

Filter(Shares,StartsWith('Link to item',Substitute(Substitute(First(Split(galContractors.Selected.'Supplier Folder',"?")).Result,"%26","&"),":f:/r/","")))

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
KevinSquirrels

Hi @yashag2255 

I think we might be getting somewhere. The gallery now shows me the folder of the selected item. However it only shows the folder name and not the contents.

2019-09-08 13_46_34-PAT-OAK-Approved Contractors - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

I cannot thank you enough for the advice and help you have given me so far. I really appriciate your time and advice.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @KevinSquirrels 

Can you please check if the specified folder contains item? Based on the expression results, I think either there are no files in this folder or the file link differs for the items inside this document library.

Can you check the "Link to Item" value for any of the file inside the document library by using the below expression on a temporary label as:

LookUp(Shares, 'File Name With Extension' = "FileName.Extension").'Link To Item'

Hope this helps!

KevinSquirrels

Hi @yashag2255 

Each of the folders contains files so thats all good. When I add a temp label with the following property 

LookUp(Shares,'File name with extension' = "HSPolicy2016.pdf").'Link to item'

It doesnt find it. I know its there as per screen shot below

2019-09-08 13_46_34-PAT-OAK-Approved Contractors - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @KevinSquirrels 

I carried out few tests on my side and I am not able to replicate this. I even tried to create same hierarchy as you but still I am able to see the results.
Can you try to create a new test app? Create the connection to this document library and try to fetch the results.

The strangest part is the Shares document library is not returning the file when searched by its name.

Hope this Helps!

KevinSquirrels

Hi @yashag2255 

I've now created a new test and pointed it to a different doc lib. It worked!!! I created a dummy URL in my SP list pointing to the other doc lib. I can see the contents of the folder now.

It must be something to do with this doc lib. 

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @KevinSquirrels 

Glad that it worked. I hope your query is resolved. Please mark this as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,363)