Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rodieremix
Level: Powered On

BrowseGallery Search/Filter always navigates to first item first

Hi,

I have a weird issue that I'm hoping to get some assistance with. I have a gallery with a Filter function that works just as I want it to and is displaying the correct items. With just the filter options, if I select an item, it navigates to that item every time. However, if I add a search in the function, the items still display properly but they always navigate to the first item displayed the first time. Then when I go back and navigate to the item, it works that time. I've tried a number of different formulas and they all do the same thing. Here are the formulas I have been working with. Any assistance is appreciated.

Works correctly (no search option):

SortByColumns(Filter('Activation Requests', If(!IsBlank(PRSEmailVar),PRS_x0020_Email = PRSEmailVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(StatusVar),Setup_x0020_Status.Value = StatusVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(SuperVar),PRS_x0020_Supervisor.Email = User().Email,true)),SortVar, AscDesVar)

Works incorrectly (includes search option):

Version 1:

If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1),SortByColumns(Filter('Activation Requests', If(!IsBlank(PRSEmailVar),PRS_x0020_Email = PRSEmailVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(StatusVar),Setup_x0020_Status.Value = StatusVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(SuperVar),PRS_x0020_Supervisor.Email = User().Email,true)),SortVar, AscDesVar),SortByColumns(Search('Activation Requests',TextSearchBox1.Text,"Client_x0020_Name_x0028_s_x0029_","Client_x0020_Number_x0028_s_x002"),SortVar, AscDesVar))

Version 2:

SortByColumns(Filter('Activation Requests', If(!IsBlank(PRSEmailVar) && IsBlank(TextSearchBox1),PRS_x0020_Email = PRSEmailVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(StatusVar) && IsBlank(TextSearchBox1),Setup_x0020_Status.Value = StatusVar,true) && If(!IsBlank(SuperVar) && IsBlank(TextSearchBox1),PRS_x0020_Supervisor.Email = User().Email,true) && If(!IsBlank(TextSearchBox1),TextSearchBox1.Text in Client_x0020_Number_x0028_s_x002 Or TextSearchBox1.Text in Client_x0020_Name_x0028_s_x0029_,true)),SortVar, AscDesVar)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rodieremix

Re: BrowseGallery Search/Filter always navigates to first item first

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rodieremix,

I just looked into your formula, I think the Search function part is correct as long as the column names are correct. But I have question about SortByColumns part. 

There are 2 kinds of Syntax for SortByColumns function, which one are you using? And what is SortVar and AscDesVar stand for?

SortByColumns( Table, ColumnName1 [, SortOrder1, ColumnName2, SortOrder2, ... ] )
SortByColumns( Table, ColumnName, SortOrderTable )

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rodieremix

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 325 members 5,902 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: