cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CharityContests
Level: Powered On

Bug? Browse gallery does not update from SQL

I have an app which previously was based on Sharepoint and worked wonderfully. In the past few days I've transitioned the app over to Azure SQL, and have gotten 99% of the functionality that I need. I am still having one issue with the datasource updating.

On inital load, my browse gallery screen works well; sorting and filtering as I need it to. I proceed to the edit gallery screen, and submit a form there to the SQL server. The data makes it to the SQL server just fine; however upon returning to the browse gallery the data is not updated. In the sharepoint-connected app, the data on the browse screen would update after just a few seconds. Here, I have waited over a minute and not gotten the browse gallery to update. 

The issue is fixed when I either manually refresh the screen (via an icon I added), select another record, or scroll up/down through the browse gallery. I'm guessing either of these last two actions cause an invisible refresh.

I have ensured that this screen has a OnVisible property which refreshes my datasource. I have also played around with a timer that refreshes the data source on timer end and this seems to work fine. The few threads I have found about this online mention disabling "Improved App Rendering"; but this didn't help.

Please let me know if you are also encountering this issue and any fixes you have found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CharityContests

Re: Bug? Browse gallery does not update from SQL

The app started working as expected without any changes. I can only assume it was a connection speed issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CharityContests ,

Please try to change the OnSuccess property of the Edit Form to:

Back();Refresh(YourDataSourceName)

And then test again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @CharityContests how are you progressing with this? Was the above reply helpful?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

CharityContests

The app started working as expected without any changes. I can only assume it was a connection speed issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 97 members 4,784 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: