I have an app which previously was based on Sharepoint and worked wonderfully. In the past few days I've transitioned the app over to Azure SQL, and have gotten 99% of the functionality that I need. I am still having one issue with the datasource updating.
On inital load, my browse gallery screen works well; sorting and filtering as I need it to. I proceed to the edit gallery screen, and submit a form there to the SQL server. The data makes it to the SQL server just fine; however upon returning to the browse gallery the data is not updated. In the sharepoint-connected app, the data on the browse screen would update after just a few seconds. Here, I have waited over a minute and not gotten the browse gallery to update.
The issue is fixed when I either manually refresh the screen (via an icon I added), select another record, or scroll up/down through the browse gallery. I'm guessing either of these last two actions cause an invisible refresh.
I have ensured that this screen has a OnVisible property which refreshes my datasource. I have also played around with a timer that refreshes the data source on timer end and this seems to work fine. The few threads I have found about this online mention disabling "Improved App Rendering"; but this didn't help.
Please let me know if you are also encountering this issue and any fixes you have found.