cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Bug: Buttons rendering strangely (grey partial background, text incorrectly aligned)

All existing and new buttons in my App are like so:

All preview settings are enabled.

Enhanced Group Control is enabled, all other experimental features are turned off.

App was fine yesterday. All other controls render correctly.

Session ID: 800c4798-2e19-477b-ba88-eb2e41f15703

PowerApps 3.19031.13

Anyone else seeing this or only me?

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Bug: Buttons rendering strangely (grey partial background, text incorrectly aligned)

Thanks @ericonline 

I'm based in New Zealand. It was only this one application affected and my colleagues had no issues on their projects.

The image is the way the buttons were displaying in Web Studio. 

I noticed another issue which I get from time to time - this is a complex App with a lot of collections and variables and sometimes, the reference checking seems to get confused and suddenly hundreds of errors appear in App Health.

In the end I decided it would be quicker/easier to restore an older version than try to fix/correct the current one. When I went back to the older version all the issues went away and so far (fingers crossed) have not come back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Bug: Buttons rendering strangely (grey partial background, text incorrectly aligned)

Hi Paul,

The image you pasted into your post is blank for me. Not sure what you're seeing on your end.

Super User
Super User

ButtonBugImage.pngIs this image visible?

All the buttons (including newly created buttons) have a partial grey background over the top of the fill (in the image there is a blue button and some orange buttons).

Super User
Super User

Now I can see the image 🙂
Thats weird. I'm not seeing that on my end and I've been in PowerApps all day.

Troubleshooting regimine for things like this usually entails:

- Does it happen on mobile or browser only?

- If mobile, what devices and what version of PowerApps mobile client?

- Grab a Session ID from the mobile having the issue

- If browser, what browser version and OS?

- If browser, have you tried clearing cache (all the way back), closing/opening browser, restarting computer?

- If browser, does it happen in the Editor (AKA: "Studio"), Editor Preview, and/or User View (AKA: "Player")?

- I believe there are separate Session ID's for each of those (or at least there are 3 different ways to get a Session ID depending on where you are in the app)

- Where are you in the world (I've noticed PowerApps does a "rolling update" of sorts across the globe)?

- IIRC, you're Down Under

- Are others in your part of the world experiencing the same?

- Have you checked the Support Page for outages?

- Looks clear right now

Here are my specs if it helps narrow things down at all:

- Pacific Timezone

- Windows 10

- Chrome: 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hope this helps!

Super User
Super User

Thanks @ericonline 

I'm based in New Zealand. It was only this one application affected and my colleagues had no issues on their projects.

The image is the way the buttons were displaying in Web Studio. 

I noticed another issue which I get from time to time - this is a complex App with a lot of collections and variables and sometimes, the reference checking seems to get confused and suddenly hundreds of errors appear in App Health.

In the end I decided it would be quicker/easier to restore an older version than try to fix/correct the current one. When I went back to the older version all the issues went away and so far (fingers crossed) have not come back.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,626)