cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Bug? Cannot remove data source (Canvas App, D365 Entities)

I have been developing a canvas app based on D365 entities.

I have a Dev, Test and Prod environment. I export from Dev, then import into Test and UAT then go into the App, remove the D365 data sources and then add the ones from the approrpriate environment.

I've done this many times over the past few weeks, but starting yesterday I cannot remove any of the D365 data sources - trying yields the following error:

Error removing data source.png

I have tried repeatedly import/exporting to different environments but always have the same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Bug? Cannot remove data source (Canvas App, D365 Entities)

MS now appears to have resolved the bug that results in the infinite 'Checking...' loop.

I have also modified the App - there are two entities with a 1:1 relationship (I'm not the data architect!) and I was using AddColumns to a collection based on one to create a column containing the second. This seemed to create all kinds of issues most notably with PowerApps intermittently refusing to recongise the display names of the second entity.

I've now made the App simpler (no combining or entities) which may also be helping.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PaulD1 ,

Do you mean that you could not delete the D365 data source from your canvas app?

Could you please expand the "More" from the error message panel?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider re-store your app to previous version, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Restore app to previous version

Also please consider clear cache of your browser, then sign in your PowerApps again, try it again, check if the issue is solved. If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

I have tried clearing the cache and opening using different browsers and even different PCs. Also restored a version from a few days ago and still cannot remove datasources.

On further investigation I notice that the App Checker is continuously checking (opening the App Check pane, the activity circle on "Checking..." spins continuously, though I can play the app and it runs fine.

It is quite a large/complex app and the App Checker has previously had wobbles (would sometimes suddenly report hundreds of errors, but closing and reopening the App, without making any changes, resolves them all).

Any guidance for how to resolve the checking process being stuck in a continous loop?

Have there been recent 'improvements' to the App checker? My version from a few days ago did not previously have this issue.

Thanks

Paul

goobernoodles
Level: Powered On

Are you trying to delete the data sources in the app only or are you trying to delete the connection from your environment entirely?  If it's the latter, you could try using powershell, not that you should have to.   

Get-PowerAppConnection

Remove-PowerAppConnection

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/gdpr-admin-powershell-cmdlets/

Random side thought - are the advanced settings for the app default?  Also - Paul, your you tube videos are great.  Thanks for the contributions.

Super User
Super User

Raised a ticket with MS Support and assume they have changed/fixed something as I can now open the App without the App Checker getting stuck in a loop.

Separately, I've been advised not to use the D365 connector and to use the CDS connector if/where possible, though in this instance it would mean substantially reworking the App for unknown gain/benefit and possibly some loss (tested some of my filters against CDS instead of D365 and saw issues with delegation, but need to investigate further...).

Super User
Super User

Thanks @goobernoodles for the suggestions.

MS Support has acknowledged there is a problem and are working on a solution, and I'm about to get on a plane, so I'm just going to chill this weekend and cross my fingers I'll be able to carry on working on Monday.

Super User
Super User

MS now appears to have resolved the bug that results in the infinite 'Checking...' loop.

I have also modified the App - there are two entities with a 1:1 relationship (I'm not the data architect!) and I was using AddColumns to a collection based on one to create a column containing the second. This seemed to create all kinds of issues most notably with PowerApps intermittently refusing to recongise the display names of the second entity.

I've now made the App simpler (no combining or entities) which may also be helping.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,122)