cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Level 10

Bug: Environment admin centre not giving access to one environment

Hello, I wanted to delete an environment, but I am not able to access it via the environment admin page, as you can see from the screenshot below.  It is the first environment on the list, and clicking on it does not do anything, whereas all is fine for the other environments.

It is bizzarre as the loading icon before the name is not moving, and the environment is not located where it should be, in Europe.

Any ideas?

__.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug: Environment admin centre not giving access to one environment

Hi,

About the stuck behavior when you click on it, I think this is because that this environment is created before the GA. I have a few similar ones too:

Capture.PNG

See the detailed information here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-environments/

"Two weeks after PowerApps enters general availability (GA), environments containing preview content will be marked as read-only (with the exception of the default environment); all existing apps & flows will continue to work in these environments, but you will not be able to create new apps or flows. We highly recommend that users of these environments migrate their content to the default environment or another custom environment."

But since you cannot access the environment, you cannot migrate the content now. I have reported this to the product team. I will update you once I got further information.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi,

Have your tried:

1. test with other browsers?

2. test with another admin in your environment?

3. test with another pc?

If the issue still persists after all these, please feel free to get back.

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-monli-msft

1. Yes (Chrome, Edge, Explorer)
2. I am the only admin

3. Yes, same problem.

The issue persists.

Many thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi,

About the stuck behavior when you click on it, I think this is because that this environment is created before the GA. I have a few similar ones too:

Capture.PNG

See the detailed information here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-environments/

"Two weeks after PowerApps enters general availability (GA), environments containing preview content will be marked as read-only (with the exception of the default environment); all existing apps & flows will continue to work in these environments, but you will not be able to create new apps or flows. We highly recommend that users of these environments migrate their content to the default environment or another custom environment."

But since you cannot access the environment, you cannot migrate the content now. I have reported this to the product team. I will update you once I got further information.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Meneghino
Level 10

Thank you @v-monli-msft

Actually I have access to the environment in that I can choose it in PowerApps Studio for example, but I cannot administer it.

All I want to do is to delete it.

PowerApps Staff davidme
PowerApps Staff

[Edit 3/14/17 08:21 PDT] We have an internal repro of this issue now... looking into it.

Hi there @Meneghino,

These environments with user's names in them similar to "Giacomo's Environment" are what we refer to as "Legacy-CDS" (preview) environments. These were created automatically in October when we introduced environments for each CDS database that was provisioned in your tenant. The user who owned the database should have been set as the administrator for the legacy-cds environment. For the environment that you are trying to delete, is that you or some other user in the tenant?

Note that we didn't remove the permissions from these "legacy-cds" environments, but we did for the "(From Preview)" primary legacy preview environment for your tenant (only applies to tenants outside the USA).

Aside from an environment admin, the global tenant administrators for your AAD tenant should also have permission to log in to the admin portal and delete the environment.

WIth this information, if you feel there is still a product issue here, can you please reply with the ID of your environment or at least your tenant domain or tenantId so that we can take a look at the permissions on it?

Thanks!

-David Messner

Meneghino
Level 10

Hello @davidme

For the environment that I am trying to delete I am the administrator.

When you mentioned environment ID I had a brainwave and just bypassed the main environment page by directly placing this link in the browser in order to bypass the main admin page:

https://admin.powerapps.com/environments/Legacy-df27ff76-bce4-4a04-aa4f-27c2317f903a/security

This worked and I have now deleted the environment, so there is no issue with permissions.

I suspect it is a bug on the main environments page as described in my first post and as confirmed by @v-monli-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,362)