cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Bug: Forms un-wantingly resets controls to default on any button press before submission

I have a PowerApp which just started acting up recently on the 3.18061.8 release. I have multiple forms within this PowerApp on various screens and for random forms within it, not all, if you press a conrol with an action on it it will reset the form on the current screen. My current solution for this is to remove the forms completely and to manually add the fields to patch the data to its source, but I shouldn't have to and dont want to do this, Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
KOM_4410
Level 8

Re: Bug: Forms un-wantingly resets controls to default on any button press before submission

I hope this gets solved soon. I'm having the same issue with attachments and unfortunately I can't use that workaround

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug: Forms un-wantingly resets controls to default on any button press before submission

Hi @kianlutu,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Could you please show a bit more about the formula filled within OnSelect property of the Button control within your PowerApps screen?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

Please try it again within your PowerApps app to check if the issue still exists now. In addition, please also check if you have typed ResetForm() function within the OnSelect property of Button controls. 

You could also take a try to re-create your PowerApps app, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JamieD76
Level: Powered On

Hi Kris,

I discovered the same issue yesterday when submitting a form with date fields.      The two dates reset back to default values when I submit the form from published but not when played in the web browser studio.

I set up a simple user form with 2 dates connected to a Sharepoint list to demonstrate this.  

Note this only happens to me on Published Apps, If I am working in PowerApps Web Based Studio and play the app everything submits okay.

I originally set the default date to None on Sharepoint and updated the form both Published and by Playing in Studio.  When played in the studio my new date values held, when published the submitted values set to None

I then set the default date to Today and repeated, when played in the studio my values held, when published the submitted values set to Today.

Please see the screen shots attached.

Many Thanks

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 234 members 5,061 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: