cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff FelixCuadrilla
PowerApps Staff

Re: Bug Report: Powerapps not enforcing required fields.

They just need to be required on Sharepoint.

maxtarneberg
Level: Powered On

Thanks Felix @FelixCuadrilla

If I wanted a Text input to be required, but only if another Text input had info in it, I would need to define that condition within powerapps. I have such a scenario and have added the releveant code.

Therefore, if it must be required at the SP list end, I would run into trouble because in reality I would only want it to be required based on a condition found with powerapps. Sharepoint would think it was always required. On the flip side, powerapps needs sharepoint to to be set at required for it accept the requirement.

Bit of a Catch-22

It is only possible then to make a field either required or not then?

MEF85
Level: Power Up

What if your field was initially not required in SharePoint and now is required in SharePoint? Even if you refresh the connection this does not appear to update.

bstori
Level: Power Up

Anyone find an update to this?

I have also found that powerapps doesn't pick up required fields after they have been made required. So far, not impressed with PowerApps...I guess you get what you pay for when these tools come for basically free with O365. I feel sorry for someone who is paying for P1 or P3 when money could be spent on better forms technology.

BrianSlalomMS
Level: Powered On

As of yesterday there is still at least one bug related to this still in the system.

I was able to save a form with a blank required CDS field yesterday. I can't recreate it today.

Also, and this is my bigger problem, the required field setting for a field (in CDS) is not respected when doing an import.

I imported some data from an Excel file which mistakenly had blanks in some of the required fields. The import process blithely created records for each line from the Excel file, even those with blanks in the required fields.

These empty required fields created some serious issues in our downstream processes.

Since the required field flag is a property of a CDS field, not of a form, it should be respected (and fail the insert attempt) whether the data is coming through a UI form, an import, or anywhere else, its 'required'.

This is a bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 6,181 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: