cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DatabaseMX
Level: Powered On

Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong"

Refer to this Bug Report ... same, but here is more detail: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Bug-Report-quot-We-are-sorry-something-went-wron...

Windows 7 Pro

Chrome Browser

O365 E3 account

=============

I had been working off/on for about 2 hours. Then I was idle for maybe 20 minutes. I left my office and came back from downstairs and this message was on the screen:

2016-11-17_23-04.jpg

I clicked Close ... and then went to File>>Close, and upon clicking Close ... this error occurred:

2016-11-17_23-05.jpg

This is the 3rd night in a row that this sequence of events has occurred - typically after working 2 hours or so.

Of course, anything changes not saved are toast. 

Joe Anderson (aka DatabaseMX), Microsoft Access MVP.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&q

Hi Joe,

I create an App on PowerApps studio for Web on Chrome, without saving the App, I place the App with no action for about 30 minutes. When I check the App again I get an message which says “Session has expired”. Then I click the “Start a new session” button, but I don’t get the same error message with you.

I also try to save the App firstly then place it with no action for about 30 minutes, when I check the App again, no message is shown.

Please save the App firstly then place it with no action when you using PowerApps studio for Web. And I will also collect this issue and report it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&a

I have this same issue. But I will still be actively working when the session decides to expire. Seems to happen about every 2 hours. I'll be in the middle of working on my app and I'll get a "Session about to expire" warning.

It's as if the session token isn't being refreshed while I'm working.

Sometimes I get an option to extend my session, but this never seems to work. I get an exception with the app giving me an authorization issue (because the token expired, I assume).

starwispy
Level: Powered On

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&a

I have the exact same issues as @michowl

Try to save the app as often as I can to avoid lost work, but it's a frustrating problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,814)