cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft ManishM
Microsoft

Bug - Space in just the first section of horizontal gallery with vertical sub Gallery

I have a horizontal scrolling gallery and each section has a vertical sub gallery with grouped data. There is a bug in how it is rendering just the first section of the horizontal gallery. See the screen shot below:

Capture3.PNG

This issue was not there before so seems like an update introduced it.

Please fix this as it is causing issue to my users...Thank you

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft ManishM
Microsoft

Re: Bug - Space in just the first section of horizontal gallery with vertical sub Gallery

Thanks for looking into this.

When I play the app in browser is when the space appears. It also happens randomly while playing in the studio version. when I exit from the playing mode on that screen, the space stays as is and then I have to rearrange the width and height of the cell of the sub gallery.

I am not testing this on any other device other than my windows 10 based laptop because that's where it will land for the users. I recreated this more than 3 times but got the same issue. I noticed some irregular behavior in the first cell when I switch a vertical gallery to horizontal, any controls in the cell shifted down say 8 px and everything is misaligned but only in the first cell. Then, I recreated a horizontal gallery and added a vertical sub gallery which landed me with the issue in question.

To resolve this - not a great way but it worked - I provided referential width and height from other controls so that is working for now.

Thank you.

Manish

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug - Space in just the first section of horizontal gallery with vertical sub Gallery

Hi @ManishM,

Is this issue only happening when you play the app? Did it happen on all devices? Including web, mobile, windows studio, etc. What is you create a new app to test?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft ManishM
Microsoft

Thanks for looking into this.

When I play the app in browser is when the space appears. It also happens randomly while playing in the studio version. when I exit from the playing mode on that screen, the space stays as is and then I have to rearrange the width and height of the cell of the sub gallery.

I am not testing this on any other device other than my windows 10 based laptop because that's where it will land for the users. I recreated this more than 3 times but got the same issue. I noticed some irregular behavior in the first cell when I switch a vertical gallery to horizontal, any controls in the cell shifted down say 8 px and everything is misaligned but only in the first cell. Then, I recreated a horizontal gallery and added a vertical sub gallery which landed me with the issue in question.

To resolve this - not a great way but it worked - I provided referential width and height from other controls so that is working for now.

Thank you.

Manish

View solution in original post

duffysp
Level: Powered On

I also had this issue with a Gallery that was Nested in another Gallery.
The first item always messed up the layout - using the reference method to set the width solved this for me.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,832)