cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Bug in new Share functionality (link to SP lists incorrect)

I was just trying the updated Share function in PowerApps. When sharing an app that has connections to SharePoint, the interface shows which lists are used and hyperlinks them so you can easily get to those lists and set permissions. However, it uses the Display Name of the list to make the link. If you (like me) create lists without spaces (or other special characters) in the name, then rename the lists, these links will not work. See image below for an example. For years, I've been adamant about creating lists and columns with "clean" internal names (letters and numbers, no spaces or any other characters) because I know when those characters get encoded, it can be a pain to reference the column from other apps (InfoPath, SharePoint Designer workflows, PowerApps, Flow, etc.) 2018-11-20_14-26-15_PA_Sharing_Permissions_Bug.png

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug in new Share functionality (link to SP lists incorrect)

I think this might be related to the new released feature?

Display names enter Preview for Canvas Apps

Quoted:

"

A few months ago we introduced an Experimental feature to use display names instead of logical names in formulas.  I am pleased to announce that this feature is now in Preview and is on by default when creating new apps.  You can also turn it on for existing apps in the File menu, App settings, Advanced settings, Use column display names (if it doesn’t take immediate effect, refresh your data sources).  It is still listed under Experimental but will be moving up to its rightful place in the Preview section shortly.

"

Image reference:

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,291)