cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Meneghino
Level 10

Bug report: Temporal tables in SQL Server, not possible to create new records

I cannot seem to create new records in a temporal table in SQL Server 2016, since the start_date and end_date fields are seen as required, whereas they are system generated and cannot be included in a Patch statement.

It is possible to update records, however.

Has anyone found a work-around?

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug report: Temporal tables in SQL Server, not possible to create new records

Hi Meneghino,

Per my certain knowledge, Local temporary tables are visible only in the current session.

Are you using Local temporary table or global temporary table?

When you configuring Patch function, what error message do you get?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: Bug report: Temporal tables in SQL Server, not possible to create new records

Hi Mabel,

I think you might be confusing temporary tables with temporal tables.

Temporal tables are a feature in SQL 2016 that helps to maintain a history of data changes. 

Tim

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-yamao-msft

@timl is correct, I am talking about temporal tables, which are a feature of SQL server 2016 and Azure SQL DB.

Please let me know.

Sidhartha75
Level 8

@Meneghino, I am facing same issue. Have this issue been resolved??

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Meneghino,@timl,

Thanks for correcting me.

I will take some further investigation on this issue and back once I got any updates.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-yamao-msft, is there any update on this?
Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Meneghino,

I have reported this issue on my side, but I haven’t got any updates on my side.

I will keep an eye on this issue and back to you once I got a response.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Meneghino,

I have some updates for you.

Temporal table insertion is not supported currently. This is a new feature and PGs have already marked it in the backlog.

It would be great if you could create a new request on PowerApps ideas Forum, other customers who have the same request will vote your idea at here. Hope it can be released in the future releases.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Meneghino
Level 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,542)