Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aschaefer
Level: Powered On

Bug: using Components breaks the app editor

Hi,

I found the components feature yesterday and implemented it in one of my mobile apps. I made a simple componenet and put it on every screen in my app, saved, and published to test. It works great on my phone. However, this morning as I'm trying to open the app in the studio to edit, it's stuck on the "Loading" screen over the studio. I really like the components feature, but not if I can't edit my apps after implementing them.

Does anyone have a way to open my app in the editor without reverting to an earlier version? Again, I'd like to keep the components if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aschaefer

Re: Bug: using Components breaks the app editor

Thanks everyone for the help. I didn't do anything except wait until later in the day and my apps magically decided they wanted to open.

Just to be clear: I was making my own components, not importing them. Though at this point I don't think it was the components causing the issue to begin with. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

I have several components in my apps and it has never prevented me from editing the apps.  @Mr-Dang-MSFT any thoughts on why this might have happened?

aschaefer

I may have posted this hastily. I'm having a tough go at opening all of my apps in the editor this morning, including an app I built off of one of the templates provided. Not sure what that's about, but it seems to be a PowerApps issue and not my issue?

I'm really glad it's not the components, as I think that feature will be incredibly useful and wwas wishing for it when I first started in PowerApps.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aschaefer ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, try it again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, you could also consider create your own Component within your app instead of importing Components from a .msapp file.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@aschaefer@LRVinNC ,

I've not had any issues with opening apps with components on production and preview environments.

If you're still having issues opening your app, can you share more information? A session id is always helpful and some details about your app setup.

aschaefer

Thanks everyone for the help. I didn't do anything except wait until later in the day and my apps magically decided they wanted to open.

Just to be clear: I was making my own components, not importing them. Though at this point I don't think it was the components causing the issue to begin with. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,387)