Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsparks
Level: Powered On

Building a form to add data to an existing sharepoint list entry

I have a list with 4 columns:

1.PNG

The form I've built has 2 dropdowns used to filter the Club/Service based on the Business Unit:

2.PNG

There are for example 100 clubs, and each club is in a different location. I want the Delivery Address field to lookup the 'Address' column based on the Business Unit and Club/Service. (Sorry that the field names don't line up with the columns).

The formula I'm using is:

LookUp('Manager List Practice', 'Business Unit' = Dropdown1.Selected.Text && 'Club/Service' = Dropdown2.Selected.'Club / Service','Address')

The first dropdown is just using text values I've inserted rather than pulling from the list. But the second dropdown is using the real values from the list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsparks

Re: Building a form to add data to an existing sharepoint list entry

I have fixed the issue. The column name was actually "Club / Service". I didn't notice the spaces. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

What is the error message and when you click into the formula where is the red a squiggly line? Also is 'Address' just a plain text field?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
rsparks

The error was from an invisible field that copies the data inputted into the address field (fixed now).

Yes Address is just a plain text field. Does it need to be expressed as "Address", 'Address' or Address?

Super User
Super User

The Lookup() looks correct. Where is the Lookup() set on the 'Delivery Address' control?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
rsparks

Lookup() is set on a text input, so that after it pulls the data the user can change the address if needed

Super User
Super User

Have you tried adding it to the Default property of the Text Inout Control?

rsparks

Yes the formula is already set as the default property. For some reason when I begin typing Business Unit, Club/Service, Service Email Address or Coordinator/Branch Manager it automatically recommends the text with ' ' on either end. But when I begin typing Address it recommends Address without any quotations. 

Is this indicative of anything?

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @rsparks ,

After you set your formulas to Default property,  is there any issue that I can help with?

I have made a test on my side, and it works well.

Annotation 2019-08-22 181048.png

By the way, single quotes are required when referencing the value of an object, such as a field or table, in which the name of the object contains a space.

For more information, please refer to this blog:  Display names enter Preview for Canvas apps

Best regards,

Sik

rsparks

I have fixed the issue. The column name was actually "Club / Service". I didn't notice the spaces. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,452)