Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jambo1
Level: Powered On

Bulk share Powerapps

HI There,

I am looking to see if there is an easy way to share a powerapp with many c500 users in one go (will need to do it 500 times for 5 apps) . I can type the names in one by one which will take forever but is there a way of doing this in bulk?

The long term solution is to use an AD security group but this will take a very long time to go through the corporate cogs here, but I need something quick and easy to do before this can happen

thanks in Advance

Jambo

5 REPLIES 5
Mike2500
Level 8

Re: Bulk share Powerapps

Groups are the bulk way of doing this. While getting new groups created is usually a longer process in most organizations, are you sure there's not an existing group? That's always worth checking into, and is usually a quick answer in most shops. Just in case 500 is everyone at your company, there are already built in groups that include everyone. Also, azure AD premium can set group membership automatically based on some attribute, like office location. I know that would still take a while, but in case your shop has access to Azure AD Premium, that could help speed things up a bit.

And, to be clear, by "groups" I'm referring to security groups, not distribution lists or Office 365 Groups.

Jambo1
Level: Powered On

thanks @Mike2500  we are >100K employees here ( hence the slowness to get stuff done...)  I was hoping for a quick and dirty way to load in a bunch of users ahead of getting the Security groups populated

James

BrianR
Level 10

Definitely a major pain in PowerApps.  I can create an app, do everything possible with it, and publish it to whomever I want in an organization - but ONLY one by one.  Why can't I also create user groups to publish to?

Understand you can use Security Groups for this - but as the OP mentioned, it can be a MAJOR pain and delay to do this via your company's IT.  

Administrator
Administrator

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. There is an active post in our New Ideas Forum that discusses adding this feature. I will include the link below if you want to vote for it. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Share-apps-with-Acitve-Directory-Groups/idi-p/18...

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Super User
Super User

If you are looking to share with everyone - this option is available in the share.  Just type in everyone for the name and it should show you the option.

Of course, not helpful if it's to just a group.

Would be nice to do this through PowerShell.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 209 members 5,396 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: