cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danchircop
Level: Powered On

Buttons in iPads

Hi, does anyone have any idea why certain button features such as the 'pressed fill' and 'pressed border color' do not work in Ipads. 

Thanks

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Buttons in iPads

Hi @danchircop ,

Have you solved your problem?

Do you mean that the 'Pressed fill' property and ' Pressed border color' property of a button do not work as expected in Ipads?

The rendering mechanism within iPad and Mobile Phone is different. If 'Pressed fill' property and ' Pressed border color' property of a button do not work within your iPads, please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Some things are just differnt on Ipads and phones. You will find ways to adjust for it. 

What I do is put a variable on the button that is set when it is pressed and then I make the button disabled if that variable is true and in Edit mode if not. It makes it LOOK like the button is being selected and staying that way. 

Let me know if you need a little more detail on this.

danchircop

Thank you rebeccas. I'll see if I manage to find a way around with your suggestion. Strange thing is that on an android mobile it's working fine.

Super User
Super User

Okay...I think I misunderstood exactly what you were trying to see. I thought it was to make it obvious when you have clicked on a button by showing that button a differnt color or something which will not work on any phones or tablets.

I will say this between Apple and Androids....any updates or 'Fixes' will show up on Android first 100% of the time. Apple products are usually about a month behind or sometimes more. 

Best of luck!

danchircop

My idea is to indicate to the user that the button has been pressed, by changing the button's colour either through the pressed fill or pressed border colour. After all, that's the idea of these functions no? 

They are working fine in both browser and android phone but not on my iPad.

I hope it gets updated or fixed. Once again thanks for the reply.

Super User
Super User

Okay...that is what I thought you meant. Pressed fill will only show for a second or two (depending on your service) but the option I put with making it disabled once it is pressed will make it stay a different color until you select somewhere else.

We have a lot of Ipad and Iphone users where I am so I have to make it always work on either device. I also use the same practice for disabling the button when it is pressed to give the appearance they are flipping through tabs. Like this:

Capture.JPG

Everybody has their on styles and way of doing things. There isn't really a 'Wrong' answer to me on a lot of it. Best of luck to you.

danchircop

I see ok. Many thanks, rebeccas. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @danchircop ,

Have you solved your problem?

Do you mean that the 'Pressed fill' property and ' Pressed border color' property of a button do not work as expected in Ipads?

The rendering mechanism within iPad and Mobile Phone is different. If 'Pressed fill' property and ' Pressed border color' property of a button do not work within your iPads, please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

danchircop

Hi,

yes correct the 'Pressed Fill' and 'Pressed Border Color' are not working in my iPad. I am not sure whether there are any other properties which could have the same issue.

However turning off the 'Improved app rendering' option did solve the problem.

So thanks for the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,872)