cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hightechlofi
Level: Powered On

CDM: Filter Items in Related Table

So I am new to PowerApps, and am running into an issue. I have searched, but been unable to find an answer. I have a feeling this will be very simple and that I am just missing something, but please bear with me.

I am trying to show a list of related items on a detail page. Specifically, I am displaying an item from the entity Bid (this project tracks bid opportunities). I have another entity named 'Bid Note" which tracks notes associated with the various Bid items. The Bid Note entity has a relationship setup with Bid, and the lookup field is called Bid.

So, on my detail page, I have added a gallery which I would like to list each note associated with the currently displayed Bid item. I have used the following as the Data formula, but cannot get it to work:

Filter('Bid Note',Bid.PrimaryId = Record.PrimaryId)

Filter('Bid Note',Record.PrimaryId in Bid)

I have also tried to display a count of the notes for a given project, and cannot get it to work:

CountRows(Filter('Bid Note', Bid.PrimaryId = Record.PrimaryId))

This displays 0, when I know that there are 2 notes for the given project.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tudor

Re: CDM: Filter Items in Related Table

@hightechlofi,

I have done something similar with a filter just like yours on the gallery and it worked fine. Here is my filter:

Filter(SOP_Lines, Title = DataCard1.DataField)

On my screen, I have a header section which is a data card and has the a Title field (DataCard1.DataField). Are you sure Record.PrimaryId contains an actual value? 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tudor

Re: CDM: Filter Items in Related Table

@hightechlofi,

I have done something similar with a filter just like yours on the gallery and it worked fine. Here is my filter:

Filter(SOP_Lines, Title = DataCard1.DataField)

On my screen, I have a header section which is a data card and has the a Title field (DataCard1.DataField). Are you sure Record.PrimaryId contains an actual value? 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,595)