cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonfarmer4999
Level: Powered On

CDS Opportunity Can't Access Price list Field.

I am trying to access the Price List field from an opportunity using a Model Driven Form app. I am attempting to access it like this.

Filter('Price Lists', 'Price List' = GUID(First([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data).ItemId)).'Price List'

In accordance with what I read here. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embedded-canvas-app-guidelines

However it doesn't seem that the @ModelDrivenFormIntegration contains the Price List data even though one is specified on the record. Anybody know where I am going wrong?

Regards

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonfarmer4999

Re: CDS Opportunity Can't Access Price list Field.

Hi

In the end I found I was running up against limitations that the unique functionality I wanted required. Primarily the limitation I reached resulted in the "Multiple levels of expansion aren't supported." error. 

So I tried a different approach and created a custom entity to hold the information I needed. Created a function app to update the information on a schedule and with in a couple of hours my Power App was working correctly. 

Thank you all for you suggestions. 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
PowerAddict
Level 10

Hi,

Do not use ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data. Instead use ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item

Is your app embedded in the Price List entity main form?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
Jonfarmer4999

Hi @PowerAddict 

I have tried ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item also and that doesn't work either.

The app is embedded in the Opportunity entity.

Regards

Jon

PowerAddict
Level 10

And apologies for my lack of knowledge of the data here. But are Price Lists linked to Opportunities?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
Jonfarmer4999

Price List is a lookup field on opportunity. 

PowerAddict
Level 10

Ok and one last question which connector are you using? D365 or CDS?

---

Hardit(Haman)
Jonfarmer4999

CDS

PowerAddict
Level 10

Ok, so relational data in an embedded canvas app has always been an issue (posted by me on one of my blogs: https://medium.com/hitachisolutions-braintrust/overcoming-top-5-challenges-with-embedded-canvas-apps...

Anyway, this is how I made it work. 

I have 2 screens in my app: 

2. Screen 2: has a gallery of Opportunities (Gallery1) with the Items property set to 

Filter(Opportunities, Opportunity = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Opportunity)

and (optional) I also have a label within the gallery that displays ThisItem.'Price List'.Name 

1. Screen 1: has a gallery of Price Lists (Gallery2) with the Items property set to 

Filter('Price Lists', 'Price List' = First(Gallery1.AllItems).'Price List'.'Price List')

Let me know if this works. 

---

Hardit(Haman)

Jonfarmer4999

Unfortunately your example doesn't help. 

I am calling this from an Opportunity and so that context is what is sent to the app. My issue is that 

[@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.'Price List' doesn't seem to contain any data even though that field is populated on the calling opportunity.

PowerAddict
Level 10

I am also calling it from within an opportunity which is why in Gallery1, I am using the ModelDrivenFormIntegration to fetch the opportunity record. 

The opportunity record using the ModelDrivenFormIntegration doesnt download related data. So you have to use lookup to fetch the complete Opportunity record first using the ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.Opportunity. 

You can then use that completely fetched record to get your price lists. 

Let me know if this isnt clear and I will try to share screen by screen document.

---

Hardit(Haman)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,912)