cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helpful
Level 8

CDS Users not accessible in iOS?

I have a canvas app with CDS Users entity as a data source.

I add a basic gallery screen, assign Users to its Items and it shows data in the gallery as expected in the authoring and preview modes.

If I save, publish and open the app in iOS the gallery will show nothing.

I have a label set to tell me if the Users table is empty and it appears as though it has records - just won't show them.

I am logged into the iOS PowerApps app using the same identity as in my browser.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helpful
Level 8

Re: CDS Users not accessible in iOS?

Thanks, @v-xida-msft.

I still had the issue after taking the following steps:

• confirmed my versions are the same as yours (iOS and App)
  • deleted and reinstalled the app
  • Turned off "improved app rendering"

I then created a label that simply showed the number of rows in my Users data source.  In the browser it showed the count as expected while in the iOS app it showed 0!  This led me to create a brand new app with only this data source to do a clean test and I found that it worked as expected on iOS.

After reviewing different settings between my original app and my (working) test app I discovered that the app setting: "Explicit column selection" was causing this behavior.  I turned this setting OFF in my original app and I'm now seeing the results I expected.

Thanks for your review.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Helpful ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The version of my iOS device is 12.2, and the version of PowerApps Mobile App in my iOS Device is 3.19045.13.

Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version firstly, then run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider take a try to turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your App, then re-load your app, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it again, run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Please make sure you sign in your PowerApps Mobile App and PowerApps Studio for web with same account.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Helpful
Level 8

Thanks, @v-xida-msft.

I still had the issue after taking the following steps:

• confirmed my versions are the same as yours (iOS and App)
  • deleted and reinstalled the app
  • Turned off "improved app rendering"

I then created a label that simply showed the number of rows in my Users data source.  In the browser it showed the count as expected while in the iOS app it showed 0!  This led me to create a brand new app with only this data source to do a clean test and I found that it worked as expected on iOS.

After reviewing different settings between my original app and my (working) test app I discovered that the app setting: "Explicit column selection" was causing this behavior.  I turned this setting OFF in my original app and I'm now seeing the results I expected.

Thanks for your review.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 100 members 5,062 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: