cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zund
Level: Powered On

CDS datasource update only manually

Hi friends,

Whenever I open my app with CDS datasource collections and forms are empty until I update manually.

This does not work:

OnVisible=Refresh(datasource1);; Refresh(datasource2)

regards,

Roman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS datasource update only manually

Hi @zund (Roman),

Would you please share more information about the items (or the datasource) property of the corresponding controls, like Gallery or form?

If you are using collection here, on first opening, it would need to collect the data first, if you are using entity directly from the Common Data Service connection, then there is no need to configure the Screen OnVisible property, on first loading the App would query the data directly from the Datasource.

The Description of the OnVisible property of the screen control:

OnVisible – How an app responds when the user navigates to a screen.

Per testing, the refresh works from my side. Please note that in order to trigger the OnVisible property, the screen should be navigated to first.

Screen control in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @zund (Roman),

Would you please share more information about the items (or the datasource) property of the corresponding controls, like Gallery or form?

If you are using collection here, on first opening, it would need to collect the data first, if you are using entity directly from the Common Data Service connection, then there is no need to configure the Screen OnVisible property, on first loading the App would query the data directly from the Datasource.

The Description of the OnVisible property of the screen control:

OnVisible – How an app responds when the user navigates to a screen.

Per testing, the refresh works from my side. Please note that in order to trigger the OnVisible property, the screen should be navigated to first.

Screen control in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

zund
Level: Powered On

Thank you @v-micsh-msft

So I misunderstood what OnVisible ist used for but why is the app not loading the date from CDS on app and displaying it in the gallery?

There is an error initially on the gallery filter and the checkboxes of the items because it can not find three boolean columns in the entity. After manually refreshing everything is fine. It will find the columns and will display the filtered items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,433)